Drink package sales

When is the best sales for the beverage package? I’ve been watching for several months and it seems to usually be a bogo 50% sale, aka 25% off. 

With RCI having pretty much the most expensive package in the industry I’m trying to get a price that makes sense. My cabin mate (on paper only) is 14 and has the non alcoholic package already so I’m having to worry about two people.

If it weren’t March in the Caribbean with my whole family I wouldn’t drink that much. With all those factors and my needing to avoid drama I will be spending my share of time at a bar.

• Like 1

Just now, SoloAlaska said:

Unfortunately mine still says 25% off so that’s equal to $78.72 USD

Sorry. All you can do is keep checking. No one could have told you in advance that they would have found the lowest prices they have seen in years during this random D & above sale... sometimes they just pop up.

Black Friday will historically have good deals on certain items... but they may or may not be the items you're looking to purchase.

Don't pay ANY attention to the "percentage off" or "BOGO" headlines.  Simply look at what the cost is.  They'll jack with the on board price to give you more of a "percentage off".

Example: For sale in your planner for $75pp/pd.  Is that "25% off $100" or "30% off $107" or "50% off $150."  It really doesn't matter.  It's still $75pp/pd.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

Unfortunately mine still says 25% off so that’s equal to $78.72 USD

Did you click on it and actually open it up to the page where you book it? I’ve heard of some people just seeing the higher price but then you click on it, and it lowers…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ulcards99 said:

Did you click on it and actually open it up to the page where you book it? I’ve heard of some people just seeing the higher price but then you click on it, and it lowers…

I hadn’t but I did just now and still the higher price. Thank you though for the suggestion.

Right now for our cruise on Harmony in September the site has the deluxe drink package on sale for $71/pp/day, which is 35% off.  This is the best price I've seen and I've been refreshing the page daily for a while now.  

• Like 1

Wasn't going to purchase for our Freedom cruise in September, but as mentioned in a previous post the Diamond and above discount was too good to pass up. Ended up being $65 p/day and since my wife doesn't drink I called the exception desk and got the pkg for myself at $545 (w/gratuity) and the wife the refreshment pkg. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ulcards99 said:

That's what happened to me. Showed $81.99 on the Beverage main page, but $64.99 on the reservation page.

• Like 1

As others have mentioned it’s the final number that matters and not the percentage off. That being said, the BOGO 50% off, aka 25% off, has not been the best price I have seen the last few years. The actual price I’ve paid has been different, but the lowest price I’ve seen, is when it’s published as 35% off. (I know, I know, this is not etched in stone, just the general trend I’ve experienced.)
Since your cruise is several months away, I would purchase the next time you see 30% off. Then you could wait and see if a lower price comes up, cancel and repurchase. Because, if they raise the base price at some point 35% off could cost you more than 30% off. (Ex: 30% off of $115 = $80.5. But, 35% off of $125 = $81.25)

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Our Harmony cruise in May is still $88. Only 20% off. Will purchase when it gets to about $65-$70. I check daily. Not D yet so those sales don't help us. Good luck.

AS others have said, and this is just my experience.  I have purchased a drink package for each of my last 4 RC cruises and, paid about 70.99 for each of our drink packages sailing from Florida.  I typically just check back a few times when I think about it and the prices seem to change every time I check.  I just wait for a price that seems okay and buy it.  I always check and see if it goes lower but I don't remember paying less.  We are also not Diamond yet so no special discounts for us.  

• Like 2