Antarctica/Falkland Islands Photography -- I'm An Amateur

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I could not find anything on a search.

Taking an Antarctica/Falklands/South Georgia expedition cruise in January 2025.  I have a Sony a6000 camera with an interchangable telephoto lens.  My concern is that when we are out on the ice or in Kayaks it is rather bulky and will be a pit of a pain to switch lenses.

Can anyone recommend a good camera for outdoor nature photography that has a good Zoom feature and that may be on the smaller side?

• 4 weeks later...

I too would recommend the Sony RX100 VII for the zoom. It's not water or weatherproof though. For bad weather, I take out my Olympus TG5 (now on version 7) but it only has a 4x zoom.

I think Sony RX10 IV is also worth a mention, certainly bigger than the pocket cameras like RX100 series, but still that superzoom with 24-600 mm equivalent lens is easier to wield than any ILC with long telephoto. And the zoom range covers also the wide angle. 20 Mpix type 1 sensor may not be the best for low light usage, but in daylight it should deliver good image quality.