Arranging private tour in Falklands

Jkellen

Hi there.  We will be on the Sapphire Princess in February for a South American cruise. We are late booking excursions apparently because many of the penguin centered excursions in the Falklands are sold out. Has anyone done this cruise and used a "non cruise" company while in the Falklands?  Any you could recommend?

We were on a cruise in March 2024 that included the Falklands.  I can highly recommend the following tour company that goes to Volunteer Point to see the penguins:

https://adventurefalklands.com/

The many hundreds of penguins at the Point were an amazing and unforgettable sight, and it more than made up for the long bumpy ride.  The cost was also considerably cheaper than a similar tour from our cruise ship.

A couple points to note.  There are three parts to the trip:  paved roads, dirt roads, and the most incredibly bumpy ride across open fields with deep ruts (think of an amusement park ride).  There will only be 4 passengers in each jeep, plus the driver, so there will be 3 people crammed into the back seat.  Also note, that apparently only about 50% of the cruises actually manage to be able to tender at the Falklands due to bad weather, so assume you will not be able to get there and be pleasantly surprised if you can make it.

Everyone raves about Volunteer Point but we chose another tour.  Kidney Cove Tours.  It was amazing.  Only 4 of us, 4 different species of penguins, all on a private "farm".  Just amazing. www.kidneycovetours.com.  Would do this tour over the other in a nano second.  It was only 45 minutes before we entered the property.  Happy to send photos.  Cherie

5 hours ago, cccole said:

Everyone raves about Volunteer Point but we chose another tour.  Kidney Cove Tours.  It was amazing.  Only 4 of us, 4 different species of penguins, all on a private "farm".  Just amazing. www.kidneycovetours.com.  Would do this tour over the other in a nano second.  It was only 45 minutes before we entered the property.  Happy to send photos.  Cherie

We are thinking the same.  I read about this trip from my roll call.  I Would love to see photos. 

12 hours ago, milolii said:

We are thinking the same.  I read about this trip from my roll call.  I Would love to see photos. 

If you can provide me with an email address I will happily send photos.  Cherie

On 6/17/2024 at 12:22 PM, Jkellen said:

Has anyone done this cruise and used a "non cruise" company while in the Falklands?  Any you could recommend?

We used Estancia Excursions to Volunteer Point. They were fabulous! Honestly all the land rovers (including the ones from the ship excursions) are going across the peat heading to the exact same place. The ship's tour arrived about an hour after us and left before us. No reason not to use someone else. They aren't going to leave anyone behind out there.

6 minutes ago, TwoSue said:

We used Estancia Excursions to Volunteer Point. They were fabulous! Honestly all the land rovers (including the ones from the ship excursions) are going across the peat heading to the exact same place. The ship's tour arrived about an hour after us and left before us. No reason not to use someone else. They aren't going to leave anyone behind out there.

We were originally going with Estancia and they are also really good.  But, on the Kidney Cove Tours there were not a lot of land rovers, just us.  I'm sure you saw these also, but the glacial rock rivers were amazing. Just loved visiting the Falklands.  Cherie

20 hours ago, cccole said:

Cherie, thank you for the information! We are now booked with Adrian at Kidney Cove. Also I would love to see your photos! jcckellen@gmail.com

4 minutes ago, Jkellen said:

Cherie, thank you for the information! We are now booked with Adrian at Kidney Cove. Also I would love to see your photos! jcckellen@gmail.com

Let me know if you do not get the photos or want videos.  You are in for a great adventure.  Cherie

I did get the photos. Wow, you are very talented.  Such beautiful pictures,  

Question if you don’t mind.  How long is the trip out to the view in area?  Whois the road?  

Thank you so  much for the pics. 

Peggy