Zscaler on Independence Wifi?

Hi all! I was just curious, has anyone successfully used Zscaler on Independence's wifi?  I'm considering going on a solo trip in October, but I need to know if I need to take off all the days or just some.  Thanks!

Thanks! I just wanted to know if the wifi is powerful enough to handle work, ya know? If anyone has worked with VPN or a program like zscaler successfully, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

Not all privacy products work well over Starlink for a number of reasons.  In some cases the carrier grade NAT Starlink uses is one factor.

Zerotier and Wireguard don't always work well over Starlink while legacy SSL and IPSEC VPN are fine in my experience, at least for corporate VPN.  Not every consumer grade VPN service works well. 

I have not tried Zscaler.  

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Haven’t tried Zscaler on board but can’t see why there would be any issue. 

Zscaler just seems to have a mind of its own sometimes, even on land.

Edited by smokeybandit

I have been able to work with the VPN on my old and current company’s laptops while on the ships.  We have Zscaler and Cisco VPN on the current work laptop and last cruise was February.  Not  sure when our IT added Zscaler but was in place for at least the last two cruises.  

Things can be a little slow at times but I can do pretty much what I need to do.  Usually things are network or file size issues not the VPN.   For video calls I usually use my phone for Teams calls as that seems to work a little better.