Rebooking in board

We booked a cruise for 2025 with a deck 8 Verandah Cabin on the NA. The HIA is included plus crew appreciation for booking early.
I am thinking it may be better being on deck 6 than deck 8. However Deck 8 only has Signature Suites which would cost more.

We will be on a cruise soon and will talk to someone on the ship.
Would we be able to change cabins, keep all the HIA perks we now have and get a better price to move to aSignature Suite by talking to reservations on the ship? 

anyone have experience changing a cruise on board once it has been booked?

Posted (edited)

I usually transfer my booking to my agent and have changed cabins in the past without losing perks.  Recently I had a large household expense immediately before final payment date.  I was able to move into a less expensive cabin and retain all perks. My agent handled all of the details 

Edited by Mary229

4 hours ago, Ladyaruba said:

We booked a cruise for 2025 with a deck 8 Verandah Cabin on the NA. The HIA is included plus crew appreciation for booking early.
I am thinking it may be better being on deck 6 than deck 8. However Deck 8 only has Signature Suites which would cost more.

We will be on a cruise soon and will talk to someone on the ship.
Would we be able to change cabins, keep all the HIA perks we now have and get a better price to move to aSignature Suite by talking to reservations on the ship? 

anyone have experience changing a cruise on board once it has been booked?

Unfortunately any reservation currently open the on board cruise consultants cannot and will not touch. They cannot even cancel even if you booked previously while on board. They are there to simply sell you a new cruise or a new future cruise deposit and are unable to make any changes to an existing reservation.

• Thanks 1