Activities for kids/tweens on Liberty of the Seas

My family is sailing on Liberty of the Seas this summer and it is my 11 year old son's first cruise. We've only been on cruises as adults so we're not sure how the kids activities work. Any first hand advice on cruising with a tween?

2 minutes ago, Leia583 said:

Any first hand advice on cruising with a tween?

Set the app to the current sailing and browse the activities each day to see what may interest them.

4 minutes ago, Leia583 said:

My family is sailing on Liberty of the Seas this summer and it is my 11 year old son's first cruise. We've only been on cruises as adults so we're not sure how the kids activities work. Any first hand advice on cruising with a tween?

We are also on Liberty of the Seas this summer with our son.

There are kids clubs broken down into age groups (I'm not sure what group your son would be included in) that arranges activities and over the years our son has had great fun and made friends.

Now he is a bit older he tends to prefer the sports court and the kids just tend to join in with each other. After a couple of days we can be walking along the promenade or to dinner and there will be lots of 'hi' back and forth with children he was made friends with. 

2 hours ago, Tin can said:

We are also on Liberty of the Seas this summer with our son.

There are kids clubs broken down into age groups (I'm not sure what group your son would be included in) that arranges activities and over the years our son has had great fun and made friends.

Now he is a bit older he tends to prefer the sports court and the kids just tend to join in with each other. After a couple of days we can be walking along the promenade or to dinner and there will be lots of 'hi' back and forth with children he was made friends with. 

I wonder if we're the same sailing? We're August 1-6. My son is 11, but not much of a sports kid. Hopefully there are other activities.

19 hours ago, Leia583 said:

I wonder if we're the same sailing? We're August 1-6. My son is 11, but not much of a sports kid. Hopefully there are other activities.

We are on a bit later than you, 15th August.

At 11 years old I think your son will be in the 9 - 11 year Voyagers group and lots of activities will be organised.

I would check the app or cruise compass for details of the Adventure Ocean sign up when you board and I would recommend that he attends the first evening as from experience that seems to be when friendship groups form.

He will have a great time 🙂.