Getting Guests On Board

billrau

We Are Sailing On Jewel Of The Seas, April 30th, Transatlantic.

Faith Has Cousins Living In Paris Who Would Like To Visit, With Two Childrren, In Le Havre.

Has Anyone Had Success In Getting Guests On Board?

Maybe before 9/11 it was possible. But then again, you will be overseas where security could be lighter. I do think the cruise ships have heightened security now though so it will be difficult to impossible to have visitors aboard.

they will not get passed the dock. since 911 security is very intense for getting on the ships. you have to have cruise documents and a birth certificate or passport to board. they will not let them get on the ship for any reason. plan on saying your goodbyes when you get to the ship dock.

have a great cruise

music

I have to agree with the previous posters - it's virtually impossible to get unticketed visitors onboard. However, if you know somebody really high up on the corporate ladder at RCI, he/she might be able to pull strings to get somebody onboard. I've heard of that happening, but it's highly unusual.

The only non-ticketed passengers we've ever seen on board were wedding parties (on embarkation day only) and tour groups (we were in one) who were cleared by security several weeks in advance. This was also on embarkation day. As for casual day visitors, I don't think you'll have any luck, but the only way to find out is to contact RCI directly.

Archived