Maya Eden Eco Park Excursion

LuCruise

Posted (edited)

Anyone booked this excursion through Royal?  If so, any feedback?  We booked it for now at a good price but also looking at other options.

We've been to Roatan 3x and trying to figure out what to do for our next cruise.  Coming with a 19 and 16 year old.  We're pretty low key and our older one doesn't love beaches.  In the past we've done the following:

1. Private tour.  It did stop at the Sloth and Monkey park, which also had birds.  I assume this is not the same place (as it didn't have much else, unless we just didn't venture further)?  

2.  Xocolati Tour (Royal excursion). This was a chocolate making tour which was good but not a repeat item.

3.  Maya Key Private Island (Royal excursion).   It was ok.  The beach we stopped at our first time was much nicer.  Not sure a repeat thing (our older one wasn't with us)

Any other suggestions?  Both tours had someone explaining the history and culture of Roatan.  Note that for excursions, we are more comfortable booking one with Royal.

Edited by LuCruise

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Private tour.  It did stop at the Sloth and Monkey park, which also had birds.  I assume this is not the same place (as it didn't have much else, unless we just didn't venture further)?  

Possibly Manawakie? We went there earlier this month as part of a private tour. Was there a brief speech at the beginning telling you about some history of the island?

That was my only excursion on Roatan and we pretty much never book excursions through RC anymore so I don't have any other recommendations, sorry. If you change your mind and want another private independent tour I do have an excellent recommendation for that.

Edited by OCSC Mike

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Possibly Manawakie? We went there earlier this month as part of a private tour. Was there a brief speech at the beginning telling you about some history of the island?

That was my only excursion on Roatan and we pretty much never book excursions through RC anymore so I don't have any other recommendations, sorry. If you change your mind and want another private independent tour I do have an excellent recommendation for that.

Not sure.  We booked with Cleve's tour with another family and the first stop was the place you could hold the sloth (best pictures!), go in the cage with the monkeys (didn't like that as they are violent) and go in the cage with the birds.  I don't remember much else there though.

11 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Not sure.  We booked with Cleve's tour with another family and the first stop was the place you could hold the sloth (best pictures!), go in the cage with the monkeys (didn't like that as they are violent) and go in the cage with the birds.  I don't remember much else there though.

Maybe not then. There was no bird cage at Manawakie, just a couple macaws outside. You could hold the birds first, then the sloths, then the monkey cage. And those monkeys weren't violent at all, they were adorable and just jumped all over the place (including onto my shoulder) before moving on. They did try to pickpocket people though and one really liked my wife's Apple watch, lol.

• Haha 1