Restaurants for Lunch

We're considering the Scarlet Lady Transatlantic next May. I have found the various menus and reviews, but what I haven't been able to find are the hours and availability for the various restaurants for lunch. I understand how the Galley and the Pizza place work for lunch, but are all the other restaurants available for lunch, with the same menus as for dinner? Also, is the Korean restaurant ONLY for group seating, or is it possible to get a table for two? TIA!

The Wake and Razzle Dazzle are open for brunch 8am to 1pm.

The Dock and Dock House open at midday to 6.30pm for grilled meats and mezze.

Pizza Place is generally 12noon to 2am, but might be 2pm to 2am on port days.

The Galley has breakfast to 11.30 then lunch 12noon to 3pm and some stations stay open for dinner. Tacos and toasted sandwiches are lunch only.

Sun Club Cafe has poke bowls and bao 12noon to 5pm.

1 hour ago, NoVaCruiser60 said:

Also, is the Korean restaurant ONLY for group seating, or is it possible to get a table for two? TIA!

In Gunbae, there are no tables for two.  Most of the tables are for six with a few for eight.  It is very unlikely that they will seat you on your own.  

1 hour ago, jon81uk said:

The Wake and Razzle Dazzle are open for brunch 8am to 1pm.

The Wake also has a few extra lunch items after 12. 

For the Wake in particular, I would suggest trying to book a brunch reservation when they open 45 days out. Razzle Dazzle's brunch doesn't book up as fast, and they also can usually accommodate walk-ins during brunch. 

Social Club has hot dogs and wings available in the afternoon. 

39 minutes ago, the_fh_mets said:

I knew I’d forgotten a venue but could not think what it was! 😅

On 6/24/2024 at 12:55 PM, the_fh_mets said:

The Wake also has a few extra lunch items after 12. 

For the Wake in particular, I would suggest trying to book a brunch reservation when they open 45 days out. Razzle Dazzle's brunch doesn't book up as fast, and they also can usually accommodate walk-ins during brunch. 

Are the hot dogs and wings any good?

2 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Are the hot dogs and wings any good?

Not really no. The hot dogs are fine, they have topped ones Philly cheese style or Reuben style which are a little better than the standard but the actual sausage and bun are pretty average. 

On 6/24/2024 at 1:19 PM, NoVaCruiser60 said:

We're considering the Scarlet Lady Transatlantic next May. I have found the various menus and reviews, but what I haven't been able to find are the hours and availability for the various restaurants for lunch. I understand how the Galley and the Pizza place work for lunch, but are all the other restaurants available for lunch, with the same menus as for dinner? Also, is the Korean restaurant ONLY for group seating, or is it possible to get a table for two? TIA!

Great question as a brand new soon to be VV cruiser on this same cruise,,I appreciate it.  I know we need to make dinner reservations, but do I assume correctly that for breakfast and lunch we can just go wherever?

59 minutes ago, Liao said:

Great question as a brand new soon to be VV cruiser on this same cruise,,I appreciate it.  I know we need to make dinner reservations, but do I assume correctly that for breakfast and lunch we can just go wherever?

I was told elsewhere that brunch at Razzle Dazzle and The Wake require reservations, but they are easier to obtain, and that even walking in is a possibility.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liao said:

The Wake does book up for brunch, and I imagine that walking in would be more difficult on sea days. However, brunch reservations are easier to get than dinner reservations, and you can book either 45 days out or the first day onboard. Last time, they were available the first two days after reservations opened but unavailable (until after boarding) after that. 

Razzle Dazzle books up for brunch more slowly, and walk-ins are easier for both brunch and dinner compared to the Wake. Again, I imagine that walking in on a sea day would be more difficult (but maybe easier than the Wake). 

For both, in terms of walking in, its definitely easier if you want to go on the early side. YMMV if you show up at noon and expect a table without a reservation. 

None of the other places that serve lunch take reservations. 

No matter what, the Galley is actually a really nice option for both breakfast and lunch. You can just sit down, order whatever you want through the waiter, and relax. My "strategy" in the morning was to enter on the Gunbae side, quickly grab a croissant from the bread counter, maybe some fruit from the bento counter, take a quick glance at the daily benedict special at the taco counter, then head outside through the back door, sit down, and flag a waiter to order coffee, other beverages, and whatever more substantial food I was in the mood for. No need to wait in lines or push through crowds. 

Edited by the_fh_mets

My routine is a bit different in that my work life schedule starts at 3 AM. So, when I get up and head out of the cabin it is usually about 6:30 AM and I may go up to the Yoga or I will maybe do the meditation. Then I head to the Galley for breakfast. After breakfast I go and walk laps around the ship. I usually book the Wake or Razzle Dazzle for a brunch/lunch around 11:30. So I get the best of both worlds. Oatmeal, fresh fruit and sometimes I will ask for gluten free French toast are by breakfast go too. So then I can enjoy the Calm Chowder and the salad at the Wake or what I call the "Fruit Pizza" and the bacon at Razzle Dazzle for lunch.