Sensation

cruisomatic

I was just told that it does not meet fire code. Does anyone know how many cruises it has taken since being back in service? Anyone know about all these horrible "accusations" about the ship? I sail in May and am starting to get concerned.

i just heard that an unvaccinated sea gull did his thing on the poop deck thereby causing extreme alarm about the possiblity of bird flu spreading thruout the ship. How rediculous are we gonna get on this board. If you folks are this scared about nothing then take up alpine downhill skiing or somthing safe like that !!!

i just heard that an unvaccinated sea gull did his thing on the poop deck thereby causing extreme alarm about the possiblity of bird flu spreading thruout the ship. How rediculous are we gonna get on this board. If you folks are this scared about nothing then take up alpine downhill skiing or somthing safe like that !!!

We are concerned for our health. Some other postings indicate bad water and that ppl have gotten sick. Would you like to be sick on a cruise... remember... double occupancy! one toilet! If you have legitimate info please pass it on.

Pop, I just spit my lunch all over my computer. That was funny. I am more interested in the propulsion thing. We cruise in two weeks and hope to go to G.T. I figured that there would be some sanitary issues coming out of NOLA. Didn't really consider the poop deck thing.

We are concerned for our health. Some other postings indicate bad water and that ppl have gotten sick. Would you like to be sick on a cruise... remember... double occupancy! one toilet! If you have legitimate info please pass it on.

On any cruise there is the concern of getting sick. You have a large amount of people on a ship. Just be sure to be extra careful with handwashing and such and I'm sure you will be fine.

At this point, all that I have read (I did a search) is that some disgruntled passengers called the local news station before they returned to port and the cameras were ready and waiting for them as they got off the ship.

There is no official word about sickness, sanitation or other issues.

If whoever was threatening the Capt and staff, you bet he should be put off.

2 of our sailings have been late, one due to weather coming back and the other I think was immigration- did it ruin our cruise--heck no !

We were compensated with ship board credits and all was well.

Delays are no fun, however they do occur. At least the cruise was not cancelled. I have been delayed by airlines numerous times. No compensation there. Just like all problems. You get out of what you make of it. I am sure the majority of the passengers had a great time.

Hi folks. I am living temporarily not too far from Port Canaveral. The local news had a field day with the Sensation's delayed sailing last week. Many of the people complaining on camera were enjoying their time in the spotlight a bit more than necessary, but if you listened carefully, you could hear the real problem.

Apparently the ship failed the fire safety inspection. They didn't allow any passengers on board until the issues were addressed and the ship passed the re-inspection. I think the real problem was that there were 2000 people basically standing on the pier waiting for 9-12 hours. Carnival was giving out very little information, and there were only a small number (4 I think they said) of port-a-lets. They ran out of toilet paper after about 10 minutes.

There was no food or anything to drink, really, and with such a lack of information people were reluctant to leave the area and risk missing embarkation. Quite a few people had come to the port by bus, and the buses had left.

If I had been looking forward to a cruise for that long, I would be upset as well. Not that Carnival was taking the time needed to fix the problem, but that no effort was given to ensuring any degree of comfort for the stranded passengers, or giving out enough information. There were a lot of families with kids too, and I wouldn't relish standing in the sun with my kids with no food, drink or usable bathrooms.

Just my two cents... Oh, and I thought the bit about the unvaccinated sea-gull was a riot!

Ilean

Guys - nobody wants this ship to be more ready than I do. We sail on 4/1 and this will be our daughters very first cruise. I certainly want it to be memorable for her.

As for sickness - you stand just as good a chance of catching a cold droping your kids off at school.

I too want to go to GT, but if we don't I'll take the on-board credit and make it work. Excursions get cancelled for a variety of reasons - we'll all just have to live with that and make the best of it for as long as we cruise ;)

Happy sailing - I am not going to let the bad press get me down :D

If whoever was threatening the Capt and staff, you bet he should be put off.

2 of our sailings have been late, one due to weather coming back and the other I think was immigration- did it ruin our cruise--heck no !

We were compensated with ship board credits and all was well.

LOL Vicki, are you forgetting the Miracle fiasco last year??? LOL! Sounds like they just needed a nearby Hooters right??? :p

For those not familiar, we waited all day for the ship to get there, it finally arrived sometime mid-afternoon, and then some GENIUS decided since the computers were down, that it would be "easiest" to board people one by one, by calling their name over the loud speaker in the terminal (with over 2000 very disgruntled, hungry, thirsty people) ... Only took them about 2 hours to realize that by doing it that way, it would take 3 days to board. So they changed it a few more times. I think they finally had everyone on the ship by 8-8:30 that evening. We got zilch, nada, zero... I didn't complain, I had a great day with lots of CC'ers :D Although I did get a letter in my cabin saying "sorry" :p

Chris no HOW could we forget that---that was the 2nd delayed one for us-

but we got 25.00 p/p credit.

But at least we got to wait at Hooters !

Well now I'm ticked! LOL! All I got was a letter from the purser saying they were sorry... LOL. Still a great time, I wouldn't trade that time at Hooters for anything!!!!! What a blast!!!!! :D

Just watched the 5:30 Orlando news coverage of this return to port.

Some people were not happy and they were vocal about it. But one has to listen to them carefully and watch them when the speak.

One guy in a wheelchair complained that the day they sailed he begged for supervisory help in locating ice so he could keep his insulin refrigerated. They basically ignored him. He said his insulin went bad . . . . . . now if true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, Carnival blew it 4 days ago.

Another gal was complaining that she got a norovirus from something she ate or touched or someone else. I don't buy her story. If she had norovirus she brought it aboard herself. Why do I say this. Well, it takes awhile to get ill after exposure, and a day or two to run its's course then maybe a day or two to return to normal. This gal looked fantastic. Course, one can always use the philosophy that anything is possible.

Yet another couple were vilifying them because "They assured us we would be thru debarkation at 7:00 am, 7:30 at the very latest, yet look at the time, we are going to miss our flight. For one thing, in sixteen cruises I have never, ever been assured that I would be off the ship by 7:30, NEVER. 2) I am not sure what time they were before the cameras, but this was also seen on the noon news, so I am assuming maybe 10-11 am. Well they just booked their return flight too da** early. Their fault, not CCL's.

There were 2 or 3 others, but IMO what it boiled down to was the fact that after the screw up on Friday, nothing was going to make this cruise good for some of these people, NOTHING. In the back of my mind watching them I could almost hear their brains figuring out how to scam a few bucks COMPENSATION.

Then when I was starting to build up a little sympathy for CCL, they released a statement to the press . . . . and I will paraphrase here.

We are sorry for any inconvenience to our passengers and they are ALL most important to us. If they have ANY unresolved issues they can contact our customer service department for resolution.

Well after I quit choking on that statement I just had to wonder who were the bigger fools here . . . . the complainers or CCL. Unfortunately my choice came down to CCL. Why? Because they absolutely, positively blew this from the get go. The reason for the 9+ hour delay rests squarely on the back and shoulders of CCL. THEY failed the CG safety inspection . . . . the passengers did not. That was bad enough in and of itself. However, they compounded their problems by the way they handled the fiasco at the port . . . once again none of this was the fault of the passengers. They failed miserably in their customer relations at the port on Friday. Those people were miserable, uninformed by management and basically treated rather rudely or at least indifferently by CCL. For this CCL offered miserly renumeration. Then today they tell them to go to that most fantastic of passenger pipe dreams. Customer Service. If ever an oxymoron existed it is this phrase in the cruise industry.

Now before you go off on me about renumeration, I am a firm believer that there are relatively very, very, very rare instances when they owe us passengers a thing . . . . . . however that is not the case this time. CCL should be ashamed for the abysmal way these passengers were treated last Friday and if they get bad press out of it, it is their own fault . . . . not the passengers.

This was its first cruise out since it went back into service. There are bound to be problems with it. People who book a cruise knowing it is the first cruise should be prepared that there could be problems. I am not saying that Carnival is not at fault, but the passengers need to chill knowing stuff could (and most likely would) happen.

No one said how the food was! I'm disappointed.:D

I very rarely go to a new restaurant right away because there are always problems. That fact is many times multiplied on a cruise ship just because of the size and number of people. I think that is why we haven't heard directly from anyone who was on this last cruise - everyone waited to let them get the bugs worked out a little. The one thing that Carrnival should have done is give themselves more time to get all of the renovations done. They had too much to do in too short of a time....

Archived