The app is convinced we should be on board today even though we cancelled our booking 9 months ago.

Eric&Pam

While puttering around Atlanta today, I started getting push notifications on my phone telling me I should go to Razzle Dazzle to make dining reservations, and that my bar-tab and loot would be showing up in my account later today.

At one point we did have this sailing booked as the first half of a B2B to celebrate our 25th anniversary, but we cancelled it last September, and booked 12 days on the Resilient for later this fall instead.

Up until today, the sailing was not showing up in either of our apps. I called Sailor Services, and the rep for the IT department was quite surprised, and asked me to forward screen shots. It looks like we'll be getting all sorts of notifications for the next 4-5 days. Never a dull moment! 🤣

IMG_6272.PNG

• Haha 1

Well, after about a dozen notifications for various things like the solo sailor meet-up being relocated due to weather, and zero service fees in celebration of International Piercing Day, the IT folks were finally able to remove this sailing from our apps, and our phones are finally quite once again.

VV will be upgrading there app to version 2.0.  They claim it will fix all the known issues and improve user experience.  They have set no date for the release, but did not sound like anytime soon. 😳

14 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

VV will be upgrading there app to version 2.0.  They claim it will fix all the known issues and improve user experience.  They have set no date for the release, but did not sound like anytime soon. 😳

They’ve said it will be updated by year-end (not sure if financial year or calendar). 

VV Insider seem confident it will be custom built for iOS and Android separately using native code so that should improve performance. https://vvinsider.com/virgin-voyages-to-launch-version-2-0-of-their-app-by-year-end/

• Like 2

Well, the app is now convinced that we are on the 2nd half of the B2B, and my phone has been dinging a lot today.

A call to tech support on a Sunday evening gave me a temporary solution. Because I'm using an Iphone, the rep told me to turn off the notifications option for the app. Let's just hope I remember to turn everything back on by the time we sail again.🤣

IMG_6309.thumb.PNG.2d7ec70a9e20434d4eaaad2d53d01787.PNG