Princess reviews

cruiseaholic777

2 minutes ago, KKB said:

Who are they being loyal to? Again confused about this comment.

All cruise lines are trying to find that balance between pleasing their loyalists (who tend to be older) & to bring in new fans as well. Design & entertainment offerings are going to reflect this.

I love the changes I see--sleek modern design, waterfront dining & bars, pools on lower decks.

I meant Princess is trying to keep the brand they had ( a slightly older crowd), add families, be cool and hip. 

5 minutes ago, Globaler said:

True. I only hope the brand changes are ones I like! We have 2 booked for next year so im still with Princess.

As with many things, our tastes evolve as well.

We loved Disney World with our kids--as children, teens & even young adults.
But frankly I'm over the crowds.

Even on a large ship I can choose venues/times to go to events to minimize crowds.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2024 at 11:29 AM, voljeep said:

or just not enough qualified people who 'want' to work for Princess/Carnival Corp?

I've been told that jobs on cruise ships are "golden", and that to get hired is a huge score.  It probably would not be true if these were American workers, but ships' staff generally come from impoverished areas of the world.  

On 6/27/2024 at 10:28 AM, latebloomer56 said:

So glad to hear you enjoyed the Grand, we will be on this ship to Hawaii in Oct.

Last time on Princess was the Sapphire in 2022 ship wasn't in tip top shape we had issues with our cabin. However the crew was awesome with handling the two issues, yes we waited a couple days but others were having similar issues. Because of their responses we booked again this year. Food is subjective I liked the food didn't use the app to order anything nor do I ever seeing this happening so no comment on that. Love Princess crew members.

Our first time sailing Princess will be on the Grand going to Hawaii early next year. Anything you can share when you return would be greatly appreciated. I realize most things are subjective but any comments on food, venues, entertainment, activities, etc. would be helpful.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, farjar said:

Our first time sailing Princess will be on the Grand going to Hawaii early next year. Anything you can share when you return would be greatly appreciated. I realize most things are subjective but any comments on food, venues, entertainment, activities, etc. would be helpful.  Thank you.

I try to post something each cruise, should be here the first week on November. Looking forward to this ship again been a long time. This trip we plan to do things haven't bothered with for years.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ecs66 said:

I've been told that jobs on cruise ships are "golden", and that to get hired is a huge score.  It probably would not be true if these were American workers, but ships' staff generally come from impoverished areas of the world.  

The crew in 2022 on Sapphire were great, but you could tell some of them were new. We understood this and so waited a little longer now and then, some things were forgotten sure but they worked so hard (as always) and you could see even those who have done this job were getting their rhythm back I'm sure this year will be smoother.

As for American workers, sailed in Hawaii on a ship with American crew. Was told they would be rude and lazy, not true.