Teen activities

Diane65

I don't know about other activies, but I know parents are "allowed" in the teen club. Since it's part of the arcade (on the Glory), everyone is welcome. We are big air hockey fans and went to play many times - afternoon and night.

We're taking our thirteen year old with us in January. I'm wondering if the disco is a little 'old' for her. There is a big difference between thirteen and seventeen. Wondering what the average age is with teen activities.

[img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/sun.gif[/img] .

I know, the 12-17 age for the disco seems like a big difference. I was just worried about staff supervision at these activities because I happened to be reading on another cruiseline, there wasn't much supervision in the teen areas, and when the parents stopped in to see their children they were reminded that adults were not allowed. Seems a bit much.

Mostly this group of teens tend to hang out themselves instead of particiapating in the ships activiites. The first night is a teen meeting which is where they will meet all the kids that are sailing with them.

They can also sign themselves in and out of the group activities- so if you dont want your 10 year old wandering around by himself let them know not to do that.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

We cruised with my nephews, ages 13, 14, 15, last year & they absolutely LOVED it. Most of the activites don't include teens over 16 so that the younger kids don't feel intimidated. I believe they're pretty good about monitoring the disco--& I don't think adults are allowed in those type of things (would be too easy for some creep to get in & be at least spying on kids). The daytime activies are a bit less monitored, which is why our crew really liked them. They went to the first "Teen Hang" (which is strictly age-enforced), met a bunch of kids right away, & then spent the rest of the cruise having a blast with them. (We won't discuss one unfortunate tried-to-climb-the-smokestack incident--fortunately it wasn't one of our 3, but was one of their new friends who got chased off in time by security. Too bad--I figure it would have been Darwinism in action! Needless to say, it was NOT during one of Carnival's scheduled activities!) Most of the other activities seemed to be the same way--a camp counselor would show up & just sort of monitor from a distance, but left the kids pretty much to themselves (probably better, since they like to be a bit independent at that age). We literally never saw them, except when they were ordered to come to dinner. Even then, they'd wolf down a couple of bites & then race off with their friends. They probably slept a total of 4 hours the entire cruise!

Ecstasy--12/97
Fascination--9/98
Triumph--10/99
Sensation--4/00
Triumph--11/00
Imagination--4/01
Spirit--11/01
Imagination--4/02
Spirit--11/02
Imagination--5/03
Glory--11/03
Fascination--5/04

I kind of figure my daughter would probably do the same. Meet some kids the first night and then do her own thing. I'm glad to hear that the disco is monitored though. It's nice for the teens to have their "space" and some independence, but I like to know that there is Carnival staff keeping tabs on things. Thanks for the info everyone.

Can you give me some more information on the age limits of the teen activities on Glory? My 14 year old thinks she'll be uncomfortable being one of the oldest at the Camp Carnival and is wondering if she'll be allowed into Ultraviolet.

July 17th - Carnival Glory
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;7;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived