Elite Cruise/Platinum Status/Boarding

This will be our first Elite cruise--one of the perks is platinum status, does that mean platinum boarding? Will our room keys be platinum? There isn't a lot of information about this particular perk, so I'm just wondering what it entails. TIA

If you are able to get an early arrival appointment, before boarding begins, boarding goes- Weddings/Diamonds/Suites/Platinum/FTTF.  You can go directly to your stateroom, drop your items and immediately leave (no bathroom use/no putting away just this).  Remember your stateroom will not be secured and other cruisers walking by will have access

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bafinegan said:

All the platinum perks.  There isnt really early boarding anymore, but you can book your boarding time 2 days earlier than non-platinum guests.

First, no, you never book your boarding time. You choose an arrival time to check into port when you check in online. It’s not a boarding time. You board when your boarding zone is called.

Second, I don’t know what you mean by “there isnt (sic) really early boarding anymore.” The cruise ships still start boarding at the same times they always have. I.e. as soon as the ship is cleared by the port authority, which is typically around 11 am at most ports. 

14 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:

First, no, you never book your boarding time. You choose an arrival time to check into port when you check in online. It’s not a boarding time. You board when your boarding zone is called.

Second, I don’t know what you mean by “there isnt (sic) really early boarding anymore.” The cruise ships still start boarding at the same times they always have. I.e. as soon as the ship is cleared by the port authority, which is typically around 11 am at most ports. 

Pardon me But  i meant arrivaltime.  YOu then BOARD based upon that arrivaltime ( 1A 2B etc).  There USED to be early boarding ( before the general masses) for suite guests, Diamond, Platinum etc. These people get access to PICK ARRIVAL times 2 days prior to hose guests that are not in these designations ( happy?). That is all controlled now by the arrival time at the port.  THAT is what I meant by early boarding (relax)

6 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Pardon me But  i meant arrivaltime.  YOu then BOARD based upon that arrivaltime ( 1A 2B etc).  There USED to be early boarding ( before the general masses) for suite guests, Diamond, Platinum etc. These people get access to PICK ARRIVAL times 2 days prior to hose guests that are not in these designations ( happy?). That is all controlled now by the arrival time at the port.  THAT is what I meant by early boarding (relax)

There is still priority boarding for suites, Diamond, Platinum and FTTF.