Norwegian breakaway October 13 2024... What happened to bar harbor??

On 8/2/2024 at 7:57 PM, shof515 said:

Here is what i am think is going to happen:

With Norwegian track record of adjusting itinerary to "optimize fuel efficiency " or something like that. the new revised itinerary will look like this:

Newport as originally schedule -> Boston -> Sea Day -> St John as originally scheduled with the adjusted port times -> Halifax as originally scheduled with adjusted port times -> Sea Day as originally scheduled

I do not see the ship going from Newport to Portland which requires passing Boston and then sailing down south a bit to dock at Boston

Is it now about 71 days to my sail date and i am t very surprised Norwegian has not send out anything about itinerary changes

What i find even stranger is the some of the excursions for St John have an 11am start time which matches with the late arrival and a 4pm times for Halifax which also matches the late arrival. someone at Norwegian knows when the ship will dock exactly

Thank you for this detailed information and telling us what NCL won't.  

Can anyone guess why they haven't announced the changes for this cruise?  Isn't it a little embarrassing for them to have the ship scheduled with the respective port authorities so we have to be internet sleuths to figure it out?

I get from other threads they like to wait until after final payment has been made for financial reasons, but this sailing had final payment eons ago.

Could they be holding out hope for Bar Harbor and then will change Boston and other altered port hours? (This would be the "favorable" light guess.) 

Or maybe they believe marketing a ship going to Bar Harbor will more likely sell than Boston so while they are trying to fill the ship they don't want to announce the change?