App Difficulties - Rejecting Payment Method For Specialty Dining

We have spent all day today attempting to book Spellbound for my birthday, to no avail. Of course we cannot access specialty dining reservations through the web browser, but I have tried on both of our cell phones (updated the app and signed out/back in on both devices) and attempted to access via the Web version of the app. Of the probably 50 attempts so far I have made it to the actual reservation page ~10 times. When I go to confirm the booking and submit payment, I either get an Error message that says to try again later or it says my card number is invalid. We just made a payment on the booking with the same card this morning - there is nothing wrong with the card info.

They are down to one seating out of three for the night we want, so I really don't feel comfortable waiting for later to book. Is there some other way to submit a reservation if the app is not working? I tried calling but the wait time is over an hour.

Has anyone had a similar issue or found a work around to this? I cannot believe how difficult it is to give Princess $300. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, So_Tweetie said:

We have spent all day today attempting to book Spellbound for my birthday, to no avail. Of course we cannot access specialty dining reservations through the web browser, but I have tried on both of our cell phones (updated the app and signed out/back in on both devices) and attempted to access via the Web version of the app. Of the probably 50 attempts so far I have made it to the actual reservation page ~10 times. When I go to confirm the booking and submit payment, I either get an Error message that says to try again later or it says my card number is invalid. We just made a payment on the booking with the same card this morning - there is nothing wrong with the card info.

They are down to one seating out of three for the night we want, so I really don't feel comfortable waiting for later to book. Is there some other way to submit a reservation if the app is not working? I tried calling but the wait time is over an hour.

Has anyone had a similar issue or found a work around to this? I cannot believe how difficult it is to give Princess $300. 

Have you tried calling a CVP ?  We let ours help in these situations 

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

Have you tried calling a CVP ?  We let ours help in these situations 

I will search my email for the last CVP who contacted me - have been waiting for the automated call back for going on two hours now so it can't hurt to try a different approach. Thanks! 

Well, customer service finally called me back. I have been on the phone with them for over 30 minutes so far trying to add our payment method to the booking so I can reserve dining. The agent just explained to me that the system will not accept my card and that I am not allowed to use it because it has been used on bookings in the past. After asking for clarification on that (this is our only current booking with Princess) three times, I still have no idea what she means. I am on hold now for the "escalation team". This dinner is quickly becoming not worth the effort. 

The escalation team member first addressed me as Amber (I'm Hillary), reconfirmed my booking number and then wanted to be sure I didn't have any other companions with other bookings on the sailing. It sounded like the "already been used on other bookings" issue was due to my card somehow being applied to someone else's account. 

After twenty-five minutes going in circles over card details, the agent checked his internal system and saw that a ticket was created two hours ago reporting that most customers are receiving error messages when trying to enter/update payment methods or pay for dining reservations.  

FYI

Timely post, i was just about to ask the same question. 2 cards entered, 2 cards rejected. thought it was just my issue, but it seems like I'm not alone. 

• Like 1