Buying gift packages

shilu

Hi all,

Back in May, there was 15% off gift packages.  I tried several times for several hours to book but just could not get through. I emailed customer services to see if they could help, alas they got back to me only last week to say the offer was finished, YOU DON'T SAY!

Low and behold you can now book online!

I just wanted to know if they do offers like this again. I don't sail until Dec 24,

Many thanks

And, now they are online, the prices have increased.

They did a Black Friday offer last year, which will be just right for your cruise, if they repeat it this year.  I paid £80 instead of £100 for the Birthday package, for our lass's 60th, which was in February.  The same package is now £110.

Note, you cannot also use your peninsular discount.

Also, you can only order online if it's for your own cabin. If you're ordering for another cabin you need to call.

4 minutes ago, TigerB said:

And, now they are online, the prices have increased.

They did a Black Friday offer last year, which will be just right for your cruise, if they repeat it this year.  I paid £80 instead of £100 for the Birthday package, for our lass's 60th, which was in February.  The same package is now £110.

Note, you cannot also use your peninsular discount.

Also, you can only order online if it's for your own cabin. If you're ordering for another cabin you need to call.

You would think that if they were moving to online they would go the full way and make buying something for others simple as well. We bought several gifts for relatives on a RCI cruise and it was simple and easy online.

I wanted to take advantage of the Valentine offer to buy a Bon voyage package in February but couldn’t get through on the phone and eventually gave up, so at least next time I could do that.

Thank you. I have bought the ultimate celebration package which seems well worth the money (as they keep increasing the prices of spa, dining, gifts etc), and if there is an offer in the future I can get a refund on this one.

• Like 1

I have just found out about another revenue earner for Carnival, which penalises those of us for whom the element of surprise is everything.

On our next cruise, my sister wanted to book the birthday gift package for my brother-in-law, but didn't want to spoil the surprise by having a digital footprint, either with an email confirmation or it appearing in the 'My Orders' tab on the cruise planner. So, I went to book over the phone on her behalf.

It turns out, they do not apply the Peninsular discount to phone orders, only if you book through your cruise planner. I explained to the agent that you can only order online for your own cabin, and my sister was concerned about the details appearing on the cruise planner.  "It's okay", he says; "details of gifts do not show up on the cruise planner, so as not to spoil the surprise; just make sure you use an email address that the recipient doesn't have access to".

So, I logged on to their cruise planner, made the order, paid with my card, and used my email address.

Guess what? Yes, that's right; it shows up on the 'My Orders' tab, and with a couple of clicks, the actual greeting can be seen!😠

Thanks for the accurate advice Mr P&O Agent!🙄

So, if you want to order a gift for someone in your cabin, crack on and do it through your cruise planner, and benefit from the Peninsular discount.

If you want to be all secret squirrel about it, you will need to order over the phone .....and pay more for the privilege!