NCL Epic- favorite cruise I took (back in 2011)- concern about recent reviews

Hello, my favorite cruise I took was on the Epic in 2011 from Miami- my subsequent 5 were from NYC which I loved as well but to me the Epic was special.

I currently have a hold on the Epic end of 2025 from San Juan- as I like the fact it hits 6 ports and spends more time  at each one vs other ships.

Has anyone had a good experience on the ship lately? I did see it is going for dry dock. 

I sailed on the Epic in Europe last October and had a fantastic time.  The food was fantastic and I had outstanding service. Most importantly, I loved the thermal suites!  Of course she is not perfect, you are already familiar with her quirks.  Definitely not the right ship for for everyone but honestly I think a lot of people just love to jump on the hate wagon. She was the first to set several major cruise trends and her uniqueness is an adventure in itself.  It's a special ship to me and I hold a special place in my heart and fond memories. 

I hope you get more recent feedback but I'd sail the Epic again in a heartbeat.

Life's to short to not book the cruise 😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HowardK said:

Hello, my favorite cruise I took was on the Epic in 2011 from Miami- my subsequent 5 were from NYC which I loved as well but to me the Epic was special.

I currently have a hold on the Epic end of 2025 from San Juan- as I like the fact it hits 6 ports and spends more time  at each one vs other ships.

Has anyone had a good experience on the ship lately? I did see it is going for dry dock. 

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. It is mostly fake news. We have sailed on the Epic 7 or 8 times and have never been disappointed. NCL does an excellent job in keeping their ships "new and fresh" during dry docks. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We sailed the Epic April 29-May 9 in the Mediterranean and had a great experience. We had an inside room, and it was perfectly serviceable. We had great food, mainly in the MDRs, as well as Cagney’s. Drinks were very good as well. Service throughout was courteous, thorough, and timely. We didn’t use the pool or go much to the buffet, so YMMV, but we enjoyed ourselves a lot.

We have sailed on the Epic and had a great time.  We have recently sailed on the Sky and had one of our best vacations ever.  I really don't worry about reviews.  As others have said, people love drama and negativity.  I, myself, would rather go on vacation and have a good time instead of looking for things to complain about. 

If the price, timing and itinerary are good, I'll sail on any NCL ship.  I truly believe your vacation is what you make of it.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1