Daniel Boulud's Chef Table

3 hours ago, lakeliving501 said:

I have contacted Celebrity twice, but am told that they can't provide me with a current menu because it is subject to change.  They were able to let me know that the Chef's Table will be day of boarding.  MAHDNC, thank you so much for sharing the link!

You are welcome.  If you've booked it before the cruise, be sure to go to one of the specialty restaurants as soon as you board to verify the date and time.

3 hours ago, lakeliving501 said:

We won’t book until we know which night it is since our cruise is Greek Islands and is very port intensive with some late excursions.  I’ll find out when we board, and if it’s an evening that works for us and still has spaces, we will book it.  We have done several and enjoyed.  Haven’t experienced the Boulud dinner, so hoping it works out 😊

You might be better off booking pre-cruise and then if you find out the night it's scheduled to be held does not work for you, then you can cancel.  That way at least you have a seat and do not have to worry about it selling out. 

You can get a refund, in the form of OBC, if you cancel more than 48 hours in advance if I remember correctly.  

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

You might be better off booking pre-cruise and then if you find out the night it's scheduled to be held does not work for you, then you can cancel.  That way at least you have a seat and do not have to worry about it selling out. 

You can get a refund, in the form of OBC, if you cancel more than 48 hours in advance if I remember correctly.  

I was told and read in small print that there is a penalty for cancellation.  If dinner is night one, I won’t have 48 hours to cancel.  

16 hours ago, lakeliving501 said:

I was told and read in small print that there is a penalty for cancellation.  If dinner is night one, I won’t have 48 hours to cancel.  

I do not know about the cancellation fee.  The only time we ever signed up for it, pre-COVID, it ended up being cancelled due to not enough people signing up. 

I have never seen it being held on night one.  As others have said, that is just a place holder. 

Two other posters have confirmed that they had Chef’s Table day one, so we will wait until we board to book to make sure the timing works for us.  If we miss out, no worries.  Thanks to all for your input!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I do not know about the cancellation fee.  The only time we ever signed up for it, pre-COVID, it ended up being cancelled due to not enough people signing up. 

I have never seen it being held on night one.  As others have said, that is just a place holder. 

We we  got onboard on our last cruise, we had a letter in our cabin confirming that the Chef's Table was the first night. I told my husband no to worry since that was just a "place holder". To humor him, I agreed to go when the letter said just to prove he was wrong. That's the first time I went to Chef's Table in street clothes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

We we  got onboard on our last cruise, we had a letter in our cabin confirming that the Chef's Table was the first night. I told my husband no to worry since that was just a "place holder". To humor him, I agreed to go when the letter said just to prove he was wrong. That's the first time I went to Chef's Table in street clothes.

Again, if a mock booking is attempted for a night 1 Chef's Table, a "placeholder" will also reveal a 12:00 time, not a proper evening schedule.

19 hours ago, zitsky said:

I would not expect it to be equivalent to a land restaurant.  And we have been to great restaurants on land.  Was the Daniel Boulud dinner onboard “bad” or just not “excellent”?

Agree so our expectation was tempered but it wasn't much above Lumaine on the night we went. I will say the wine pairing was good as was the sommelier. 

2 minutes ago, joromay said:

If we have the regular drink package will we be able to get some of the wine pairings or are these only included with the premium package?

I don't recall getting any break at all.  Price was straight up with/without pairing.

45 minutes ago, joromay said:

If we have the regular drink package will we be able to get some of the wine pairings or are these only included with the premium package?

We asked the sommelier to do their best to pair the wines in our drink package. They were very accommodating. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, patty1955 said:

We asked the sommelier to do their best to pair the wines in our drink package. They were very accommodating. 

Oh that’s very helpful, thank you!