bus from Cannes to StPaul-de-Vence?

Have one day off the ship in Cannes and would like to go to StPaul-de-Vence. We don't want to rent taxi or car, and understand the train has no stop there. Is there a bus we could take from Cannes? Anyone have any info on buses or any other suggestions? Thanks

Yes, there is a bus that starts from the Nice bus station, makes a few stops as it works its way through Nice, and than goes to St Paul De Vence. The total trip time is about 45 min each way, and the stop at St Paul de Vence is very close to the main entrance. Once in the town (one of our favorite places in Southern France) the only way to see the town is on foot. The return bus is picked up just outside of the gates on the other side of the road (the stop is marked and has the schedule posted). Normally, you can expect about one bus per hour and they are very reliable.

Hank

Yes, there is a bus that starts from the Nice bus station, makes a few stops as it works its way through Nice, and than goes to St Paul De Vence. The total trip time is about 45 min each way, and the stop at St Paul de Vence is very close to the main entrance. Once in the town (one of our favorite places in Southern France) the only way to see the town is on foot. The return bus is picked up just outside of the gates on the other side of the road (the stop is marked and has the schedule posted). Normally, you can expect about one bus per hour and they are very reliable.

Hank

Hank how does a bus from Nice help this person wanting to travel from Cannes?

Jeff

Have one day off the ship in Cannes and would like to go to StPaul-de-Vence. We don't want to rent taxi or car, and understand the train has no stop there. Is there a bus we could take from Cannes? Anyone have any info on buses or any other suggestions? Thanks

These are the bus routes from Cannes:

http://www.cannes.fr/Francais/prattransbusfr.html

I can't recall seeing a service to Vence and none is listed - but the list might give you some other ideas. Cannes is also a good place to spend your day.

Jeff

I'm sure Jeff will correct me if I'm wrong, but there is also a TAM route 600 from Cannes to Grasse. www.rca.tm.fr/plan/index.asp?rub_code=6

I also found these instructions on the web, don't know if they will help. Perhaps you can take the train or TAM 200 to Cagnes sur Mer. (Jeff, I haven't researched the times, so don't jump all over me if this isn't practical. I'm sure you will inform ezel of the practicality.)

"From any Riviera city, take the train to Cagnes sur Mer. Exit the train station, turn right and follow the road for about a block or so. Do NOT stop at the bus stop you see on the right, but continue to the bus stop across the street on the left hand side instead. The bus costs about 1-2 euros per person, takes around 15 minutes, and goes straight to the entrance to Saint Paul's fortification."

A couple of things. Vence is a different place from St Paul de Vence so be careful when you are looking at schedules or maps. I do not recall any direct bus transportation from Cannes to St Paul de Vence (I could be wrong) and my memory (not what it used to be) is that when I looked at the posted bus schedule at the small St Paul de Vence bus stop, there was only the one bus line from Nice. We are facing this same problem, in that we will be in Cannes (Grand Princess) on a Sunday (I think its 4/30) and, since its Sunday, we definitely want to go to St Paul de Vence (the best place to be on Sundays). Because of all the transportation hassles, we simply decided to rent a car in Cannes and drive ourselves. Keep in mind that we do know this region and are comfortable driving in France. You could get to St Paul de Vence by taking the train to Nice, and than getting the bus..but keep in mind that you will have the train ride both ways, will than have to get to the bus station (an alternative is to ask where the bus stops along the downtown streets), wait for the bus (this could be 45 min) ride to St Paul de Vence (45 min) and than the same on your return. You will spend a lot of time waiting and traveling...which is why we are renting a car. My feeling (geez, I hate to use feelings) is that you would be better off with a rental car, private car w driver, or just taking the tour (I hate tours). You must keep in mind that St Paul de Vence is actually a pretty small town that is pretty far out in the "sticks" along a 2 land country road. This is why the public transit options are very limited.

Hank

I like the idea of taking train to Cagnes-sur-Mer and then short bus to StPaul-de-Vence. Where can I find a train schedule to see if this is doable? Thanks for all the great feedback. EZEL

Mark, That is great news about the commuter bus from Cagnes St Mer. I was not aware that there was this commuter bus line, and its great info. Do you know if this bus connects from every train, or does it run on some kind of schedule? Is this the same bus that comes from Nice (I never paid attention to the bus stops along the route) or is it a seperate line?

Hank

Mark, That is great news about the commuter bus from Cagnes St Mer. I was not aware that there was this commuter bus line, and its great info. Do you know if this bus connects from every train, or does it run on some kind of schedule? Is this the same bus that comes from Nice (I never paid attention to the bus stops along the route) or is it a seperate line?

Hank

Hank, unfortunately I don't know. Haven't been there, done that. Just found the info on the web. I guess I would suggest that Cagnes Sur Mer close enough to St. Paul that one could just taxi up there if there were issues with the bus.

Archived