Room Swapping//Sail & Sign Cards

jdjaguar

Thanks for the clarification.

Our TA is obviously not up to snuff.

Do you think we will have a problem switching around once on board? The boys cabin is not right across the hall, but it is on the same deck/same side..just several doors down.

TIA.

You shouldn't have a problem switching sail and sign cards or getting an extra key. They won't actually swap the names on the rooms you will just sleep in the room that you want. It may sound stupid, but Carnvial is just trying to cover their butt so they don't get sued if something happens.;)

Fair enough Sha.

Rest assured, that we will be checking in on the boys from time-to-time, but in my opinion a little "controlled" independence from Mom and Dad is a good thing at their age.

Thanks for your response. I can tell from all your posts that you are intending to keep tabs on the kids & make sure they keep curfew. I come from a large family (I'm the oldest of 7) but have no kids of my own. My parents were ALWAYS keeping tabs on us (stricter than all the other parents in the neighborhood - seriously), & my sisters do the same with their kids. I can tell you won't be one of those parents who let their kids run wild on the ship, but sometimes "those parents" see people like you who are really doing the right thing by their kids & think what they do (or really don't do) for their kids is exactly what you're doing, so it's "OK". They think that since their kids are in a "closed environment" of a ship, how much trouble can they get into? And you're right, having a little independence can be a good thing. I still probably wouldn't do it myself, but I think maybe I'm very old fashioned. (BTW - That's all I really meant when I saind "maybe it's just me" - when you said it back to me, I realize how it must have sounded in the first place.)

Sha

In our case with our upcoming cruise, the whole idea is for our 4 girls to share an inside cabin and the 4 mothers dividing up between two oceanviews. To me, a cabin where older kids sleep is something similar to a bedroom across or down the hall. We have access to it at all times. We can phone them or speak to their steward if we need to. Also, if each girl stayed with her own mom on this cruise, we would have needed 4 cabins instead of 3. My daughter has slept with her cousins in their own cabin on two separate family cruises and it's always worked out fine. When I peeked in at their abode I saw clothes and makeup and this and that all over the place. Yikes. Would I want that in MY cabin?? :eek:

Since this is the first time my daughter will be with her school friends on a cruise, I promise you and THEM that we will take care to keep an extra eye on them. And, to make sure they don't disturb other passengers on board, whether they're in their cabin or out in the public area. If they DO, then we might HAVE to consider doing some cabin rearranging! Gawd forbid.

You're right - I guess there is no problem for Carnival. Then I guess they should have let them book that way in the first place, instead of making everyone play "musical cabins" after the fact.

Just my opinion, but if I was traveling with minors (under 18), I'd want them in my cabin. Or I wouldn't travel with them. But maybe that's just me.

Sha

Archived