NCL Getaway July 18-Aug3,2024

Posted (edited)

Hi all! I’m just wondering if we don’t want to take the cable car (scared of heights, long lines) in Santorini and we want to go to Oia, what should we do? Someone said there’s a lot of ferries? Need your guidance. Thanks

Edited by 7continents2020

There are options to reach Oia that don't include the cable car, but at some point you need to return to the tender dock below Fira, which requires taking the cable car down or walking down the donkey path. 

Options to Oia include 1) take an NCL excursion. I wanted to take "Charming Oia Village" but it was sold out.  This excursion takes you by bus to Oia where you have about 90 minutes free time, then busses you to Fira where the tour ends. At this point you either take the cable car or donkey trail to the tender dock.

2) there is a 'water taxi' that leaves from tender dock, 30E. This boat goes to Amoudi Bay, just below Oia. From the dock you walk a bit uphill, to a shuttle that takes you into Oia.  They also give you a token to ride the bus from Oia to Fira, where again you take the cable car or walk down to the tender dock.  One of the complaints about this service is that it's not on a schedule; it leaves when the boat is full ( 80-100 pax). So it could leave when you board or you could sit there for an hour. 

There are numerous threads on the first 2-3 pgs of this forum that contain lots of info about Santorini and how to get around.  Good luck

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, 7continents2020 said:

Need your guidance. Thanks

5 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

There are numerous threads on the first 2-3 pgs of this forum that contain lots of info about Santorini and how to get around. 

There is also a "pinned" thread at the very top of this Greece Ports forum.

"Pinned" threads do not move up or down the board, statying "pinned" in the same location as a handy reference tool   as they are full of useful info and frequently asked Qs and As.

The thread is very long, so you might want to try using the search tool on it.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, 7continents2020 said:

Thank you so much. I will look into that “pinned” topic/forum

Apologies as I had intended to add the thread  link and only now noticed that I had not. This one

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2739131-find-it-here-santorini-firá-and-oia-q-a/page/11/#comment-67313942

And thanks for acknowledging as many don't.😀

Edited by edinburgher
  • Thanks 1