REAL Connecting Balconies?

Arubalisa

In the past few years dh and I have been traveling with my parents and grandmother in one cabin and dh and I, and now, since her adoption, our dd as well in a second cabin.

The Grand Princess had connecting balconies on the mini-suites, but the steward refused to oblige. Blew us off by saying they did not open. Gee, then why are there doors? Funny how others had them open and at the end of the cruise the cleaning crew had them all open to wash down the ship...

HAL Zaandam, verandah cabins, again no luck. Also traveling with my brother and his kids, we had 4 adjoining cabins, but none of the cabins connected nor did the balconies.

Celebrity Galaxy did not have any balconies which could be opened to join one another. Even the Sky Suites, which if they had we could have just had dinner out there every night. These balconies are huge :eek:

So my question for you all...Here is a challenge to you all. Has anyone been on ship (besides Carnival- 93 yo grandmother will not sail Carnival :rolleyes: ) or remember seeing a ship, where they had some real nice connecting balconies?

We all love sitting out on our balconies, but as a family it would be nice to be able to do it together without a partition. Certainly would save on the neck strain from having to lean out over the railing to chat :D

• 5 weeks later...

I've been on both Celebrity and Cunard that had balconies that opened up. All we did was open them ourselves. I usually get a room by myself and my mom and sister get the connecting cabin, and we always open the balcony dividers so we can have a really large balcony.

I've been on both Celebrity and Cunard that had balconies that opened up.
The Galaxy's Sky Suite balconies did not open up :( Thanks, keep the suggestions coming...

Royal Caribbean used to allow people to open connecting balcony doors, but they don't anymore. EXCEPT, the new Freedom has sliding partions which look they will open between the balconies. You might check into the new Freedom of the Seas. They have an entire board on the Royal Caribbean board dedicated to the Freedom.

Each Princess cruise- on the Sea and Grand- we had our balcony partition opened. It wasn't "wide open" but we could walk thru it with no problem. We are on the Mariner of the Seas later this month- both our TA and the RCCL people said that the balcony divider can be opened (since our rooms are adjoining but not connecting- we wanted that with the babysitter.)

We'll see if the people at RCCL know what they are talking about.

Kay

Each Princess cruise- on the Sea and Grand- we had our balcony partition opened. It wasn't "wide open" but we could walk thru it with no problem. We are on the Mariner of the Seas later this month- both our TA and the RCCL people said that the balcony divider can be opened (since our rooms are adjoining but not connecting- we wanted that with the babysitter.)

We'll see if the people at RCCL know what they are talking about.

Kay

It really depends on the Captain, but most people on RCCL have been reporting that they haven't been allowing the connecting doors to be opened.

• 3 weeks later...
Norwegian Dawn has connecting balconies. Several families had multiple cabins booked and all the partitions were opened.

Happy Cruising!

Do you think the Pride of Hawaii has connecting balconies?

Hi, Lisa, I looked at the deck plans and it seems that there are many cabins that connect so I don't see why the balconies of those cabins would not open up. That has been a big request of family cruisers lately. And, seeing how the Pride of Hawaii is a new ship, I can't see NCL not accommodating. I would go to the NCL board and search "Pride of Hawaii" and search through some reviews to be sure. Or, simply call NCL to find out.

Happy Sailing!

Thanks everyone for your replies. My Mom just booked 2 adjoining cabins BA 10126 & 10128 on NCL POH sailing June 26. So we she gets back I will surely post here to let you all know how she made out.

Archived