Anyone done a day room or resort pass lately?

Cherlynn

We will be in Hawaii in Feb '25 and we're looking for a relaxing day Honolulu, Hilo, Kauai or Kona.  Anyone done a day pass or day room lately?  Do you remember the price?  How was your experience as far as food and drinks?  Thanks for any info.

Because of time constraints, transportation and lack of close by facilities, I think Honolulu is the most practical. If transportation was easier and you had longer port stops, I'd say Waikoloa (Kona) and Grand Hyatt (Kauai).

We are booked through resort pass at the Hilton Waikola Village in Kona and staying the evening for the Luau-We are overnight in Kona so we should be good. This is in September, so I can let you know how it is.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OhioCruiser3 said:

We are booked through resort pass at the Hilton Waikola Village in Kona and staying the evening for the Luau

You do know that the Hilton Waikoloa is 25 miles/45 minutes north of Kona, correct? I assume you mean you going to Waikoloa when you are ported in Kona?

8 minutes ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

You do know that the Hilton Waikoloa is 25 miles/45 minutes north of Kona, correct? I assume you mean you going to Waikoloa when you are ported in Kona?

Yes, I am working to secure transportation there-we plan to be there all day and stay in the evening for the Luau-our ship overnights, so we can get back at anytime. 

1 hour ago, OhioCruiser3 said:

We are booked through resort pass at the Hilton Waikola Village in Kona and staying the evening for the Luau-We are overnight in Kona so we should be good. This is in September, so I can let you know how it is.

Sounds like a fun day and evening.  You might check to see if you can pre arrange Uber/Lyft or a taxi.  There is an extra charge but it could be worth it.  After the luau it will be more difficult to get a taxi/Uber.  Also, look at what is nearby for getting transportation.  And, post on your roll call, there may be others wanting to share transportation.  You'll have a great time.  So nice that the ship overnights in Kona.  Cherie

1 hour ago, OhioCruiser3 said:

Yes, I am working to secure transportation there-we plan to be there all day and stay in the evening for the Luau-our ship overnights, so we can get back at anytime.                              

I'd look at a rental car or Turo near the cruise dock, which is at the Courtyard King Kamehameha Beach Hotel. Enterprise isn't too far.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OhioCruiser3 said:

If you decide to rent a car, as recommended in post #8,  remember that there will be a fee to park at the resort, you will need to return the car with a full tank of gas (unless you pay for a full tank),  and rental car companies close at different times.  After the luau the line to get a car parked with valet is very long but if you have time it doesn't matter.  A rental car would give you the flexibility of doing a lot of fun things like...lunch at Lava Lava, a beach day on Anaeho'omalu Bay, and shopping at the Island Gourmet Market, or Foodland Farms Mauna Lani... all within the area of the Hilton.  You'll have such a great time no matter what you decide.  Cherie  

Edited by cccole