Our first Azamara cruise since Covid...a review

mare s.

21 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I too really enjoy the Patio. I would add that you really need to aim to be there by 7.30pm. At least from my experience. Service there closes quite early. And if you want to pick up dessert items from Windows you need to be there pretty smartish. I always go to Windows for a starter too. 

Phil 

Phil..is the Patio open every evening? Thanks!! 

3 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Phil..is the Patio open every evening? Thanks!! 

It very much depends on the sailing you can’t say every night I’m afraid LuAnn 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2024 at 1:08 AM, onespots said:

We have just return from a 12 night Azamara Quest France Intensive Voyage.

Azamara for us has excellent bartenders,servers, waiters in the main dining room,crew for security, housekeeping, & overall officiers with a good crew. Despite all of this which help make this trip enjoyable, many other areas need attention.

First Discoveries Restaurant. Lacking in choices, no memorable meal, & quality of dishes severed were average. Certainly nowhere close to the quality of food available prior to Covid.

Many times we filled up at the patio, so we could enjoy light dinner of mainly appertizers &

dessert.

Shows in the Caberet Lounge. Shows no better than what you see at a high school performance. Entertainers from other venues were better, & finally the most positive statement is to thank the Azamara Band. Thier music was great & much more entertaining than the performances. Also the lectures on board were interesting, but not well attended.

Shore excursions for the most part were not good. We took 7 tours of which 2 of the guides were very good & the others not even average. They were all over priced & I spoke with many of our fellow passengers on these tours who stated they were disappionted as well. To add insult to injury, shore excusions changed our tour from morning to 2:45pm the same afternoon as we were to enjoy white nights. Shore excursions claimed we would be back in plenty of time for 6:30pm start. Our arrival back at the ship was 7:05pm. By the time we had changed our clothes &  arrived at the pool deck it was 7:30pm. The live music was over & the food was cold. I discussed these issues with shore excursions, who listened politely & offered no resolution or any changes for the future. ( I should have canceled that excursion )

We have several other choices for future cruises, however Azamara will not be on that list.

Happy Future Travels to All,  John

We were on the 7 night South of France cruise 6th-13th July on Pursuit and also found Discoveries food quality/choice had declined.  A couple of nights were still quite good, three average and a couple quite poor. The worst night was British night and wish we had gone to the Patio instead. Service in all areas was still however very good. 

• Thanks 1