Casita..?

I never had a casita before but booked 2 for Odyssey in Nov. This is based on my experience when I was on the  last yr on the same cruise . I booked for Port Canaveral as I do not plan to get off the ship, and I  think a lot of others won't also.  I usually sit in the Solarium and but figured  this way I would be able to be in the pool area  with some perks.  I booked for next to last sea day also. On Anthem last yr the pool deck and Solarium were packed that day, and I think same will happen  on Odyssey ( likely worse as it does not have the enclosed pool Anthem does).  This way I have a decent place to sit outside again.  And I do not have to get up at  7 am to reserve seats or deal with all the people saving seats.  I got both months ago for very good prices also. 

Posted (edited)

As I understand it, there are dedicated servers for your casita.  At least that's how it is on other cruiselines.  No having to flag down.  The system may be different on RCI, however.  That could make a difference on whether we try it.  

In the past when lounging on deck, I remember the hard sell of bar attendants, and having to say 'no thank you' over and over.   I dreaded seeing them come our way.  It was like being on the beach at a Caribbean island where all locals are hawking their wares.   Then a few years later, the bar servers slowly thinned out and it was hard to flag one down, even if you did want a drink!  Easier and quicker to go to the bar. 

Times have sure changed for cruising.  I believe this was on Celebrity, but does anyone else remember the daily sorbet parades around the pool decks?  Cool wet wash clothes being handed out with tongs to the sunbathers (not just at the gangway)?  Those were the days!

Edited by Iamthesea

20 hours ago, ngrund said:

If I recall correctly, a couple of drinks were supposed to be included, but we had the drink package, so a moot point.

Yeah I think we're going soda only this time around (not refreshment, so depending on what they offer it'll be great. Plus we drink water mostly, so the bottles will be great and not something we already are entitled to). 

On 7/11/2024 at 5:11 PM, Tree_skier said:

I did it on Navigator on a port day last year in August.  I throughly enjoyed the experience.  There wasn't anything that I wanted to do in Ensenada since ive been a few times already.  This made far a great day onboard the ship. Yes the ship was half empty and I could have found many loungers available but for me this was a great way upgrade a quiet ship day.  For a start the casita is far more comfortable for that pool loungers. They started out with a nice fruit plate first thing in the morning.  We had drink service all day with a call button attached right in the casita.  They also reserved the two pool loungers directly beside us for our exclusive use so all four us had seating as we came and went all day long.

I intend to do again on future cruises where a port day becomes a ship day for me.  At $90 I consider it money well spent.

How did they reserve the additional two loungers to make sure nobody else sat in them?