Starbucks NCL question----

I have a couple of those beverage carriers- one is the plastic folding blue thing and the other is a material holder--- Just trying to decide which would make sense to bring on upcoming cruise.  What size are the coffee drink containers?  Also is there long lines aboard ship for Starbucks- will be on the Bliss if that makes a difference. Thanks, Anita

The Starbucks drink sizes are standard. 

Starbucks Tall (12 fl. oz.)

Starbucks Grande (16 fl. oz.)

Starbucks Venti (20 fl. oz.)

Starbucks Short (8 fl. oz. ); available for select beverages.

Starbucks Trenta (30 fl. oz,); available for select beverages.

There are lines around mid-morning but not terrible. Similar to a regular Starbucks line. My husband would get his quad espresso and I would have a grande green tea every morning. One day I also got a pink drink! 

• Like 2

Thanks for replying.  So the containers are the same ones as on land.  Didn't realize that.  We just like maybe one venti size each in the am, and maybe a decaf small one after a show on board.  Appreciate your response.  Anita

The Bliss does have a Starbucks.  As far as the lines, it really depends. On the Joy a few weeks ago, I would walk up and no one was in line. 15 minutes later, there were maybe 10-12 people in line. So it was really hit or miss, just like IRL.

Another thing...you can use your Starbucks app on the ship.  You earn 'stars' but cannot redeem them on board. They can print out a receipt which will show the remaining balance on your app or you can wait until you get on land and it will update once you have data. 

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 3

On 7/9/2024 at 9:39 PM, BirdTravels said:

Coffee in the buffet and all of the restaurants is free (comes with the price of your cruise). And Starbucks is not on every NCL ship. 

Maybe I’m just too picky, but last year on Breakaway none of the free coffee was drinkable except the Solo lounge machine. The restaurant coffee was so so so bad. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Calicoskies1234 said:

Maybe I’m just too picky, but last year on Breakaway none of the free coffee was drinkable except the Solo lounge machine. The restaurant coffee was so so so bad. 

Yup. Selective taste. 

On a big ship like the Bliss, the ship serves over 15,000 cups of free, regular coffee each morning. That’s over 100,000 cups of coffee at breakfast for a weeklong cruise. So, while a very very very few people pay for Starbucks, others take advantage of what is included in their cruise fare. 

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2024 at 9:47 AM, Jetswdo said:

I have a couple of those beverage carriers- one is the plastic folding blue thing and the other is a material holder--- Just trying to decide which would make sense to bring on upcoming cruise.  What size are the coffee drink containers?  Also is there long lines aboard ship for Starbucks- will be on the Bliss if that makes a difference. Thanks, Anita

I found the lines to be pretty good. I’m sure there were busy times but I’d wake up around 7-8am and grab a couple of coffees and head back to my cabin. I was on a Panama cruise, found the lines under 5-10mins max. But I’m ordering long black coffee so not the time consuming drinks lol. 

enjoy it, we loved getting better coffee and it’s open to 10pm so anytime could grab a coffee for a pick me up. (Espresso martini’s work a treat too😎🍸)

love the Bliss, one of my favourite ships and can’t wait ti spend another 20 days on her post dry dock in February 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Simple:  You want good coffee, get a Starbucks!  Most of the time the coffee served at the buffet or in the restaurants is never hot.  And room service luke warm at best.  That's what you're paying for in your ticket price