Vibe on Getaway

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

All fair points from you! And all points I shall continue to pester my husband with until he gives in!! Just like he gave in on booking this cruise in the first place. I have a way of getting what I want. 

I would love you to try out the Vibe.   While I know you love the Haven sundeck, for us, there is no comparison.

1 hour ago, Travelicious said:

Another point:  You're already spending all this money; what's another $500?  That is for both of you.  That comes out to less than $36 per day per person.

I just treat it as another excursion--one that you can participate in every day!    The price always goes automatically into my excel budget schedule immediately.    No vibe, no cruise for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I just treat it as another excursion--one that you can participate in every day!    The price always goes automatically into my excel budget schedule immediately.    No vibe, no cruise for us.

This will only be my second time in the Vibe, and Pookie's first.  We don't do many excursions anymore, so your reasoning makes sense to me.  I opted for Vibe on this cruise because I am still recovering from crowd-induced trauma on recent travels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

I just treat it as another excursion--one that you can participate in every day! 

Funny you say that…as that was exactly my thought process.  Our port excursions just became more low budget 😊 and the Getaway is now a bigger part of the cruise.

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

I would love you to try out the Vibe.   While I know you love the Haven sundeck, for us, there is no comparison.

We did love the Haven sundeck on Joy! Getaway....not so much. Hmmm, I'm looking into a relatively low cost shore excursion in Cozumel - namely wandering around town or heading to Punta Sur Eco Beach Park. So many decisions!! 

• Like 2

I would recommend trying the Vibe on the Getaway if you have not yet. It is a very nice area and you never have to fight for a chair. The bartenders are great and the loungers are very comfortable. It's a nice, peaceful, relaxing area. The staff also comes around with fruit skewers for your enjoyment! I have not tried the cabana yet, maybe next time they look so comfortable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1