Is the Carnival Spirit having propulsion problems?

Someone in our group has posted that the Spirit is having propulsion problems now. My group of 30 is scheduled to board her next Tuesday, and this is the last thing I expected to hear. I am hoping someone might hve some details, if it is true.🥺

13 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Did you ask the someone in your group for a source of the false rumor? A link? Some evidence?

Of course, just haven’t heard back yet, It could be a message from somone who is onboard-I have not seen any news flashes about it-but wouldn’t expect anything so soon.

7 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I would ask for more evidence before worrying. People often say things just to say them.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Carnival-Spirit-560

I do like using cruise mapper. Today is Tracy Arm Fjord day so it would be impossible to figure out from the map if they are traveling more slowly than usual. I am hoping any problem (if they had one) is fixable as they go. 

• Like 1

Someone in our group said this was reported by a current passenger on the ship. Someone else in our group got a message from a relative of someone working on the ship and it has been fixed. I hope it is fixed for good. I am part of a group of 30 boarding next week. If my cruise were cancelled, I would hate it but could get over it. If I had to tell 28 other people in my group that the ship isn’t sailing, it would devestate me. 

5 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

Someone in our group said this was reported by a current passenger on the ship. Someone else in our group got a message from a relative of someone working on the ship and it has been fixed. I hope it is fixed for good. I am part of a group of 30 boarding next week. If my cruise were cancelled, I would hate it but could get over it. If I had to tell 28 other people in my group that the ship isn’t sailing, it would devestate me. 

Almost every ship has had issues from time to time. Earlier this year Spirit has some but they were fixed on the same cruise, as I recall. A friend of a friend of a janitor is pretty far removed from current events.

I have a cruise in Spirit coming up and I don't believe any of it.

• Like 2