Boston cruise port parking?

8 hours ago, dsarah said:

Ix200gps,  I appreciate you relaying your recent experience. We will follow your recommendation. Thank you!

You're quite welcome. FYI, there are actually TWO parking areas at the 93 Fargo lot separated by a fence with a drive through.  You can see them on Google Maps satellite view. When we arrived at the lot (admittedly pretty early, around 9:30AM), we parked in the first area, showed an attendant our payment receipt with our license plate listed, and she handed us the card to put on our dashboard. We were told after the fact that they really prefer cars to park in the other area behind the fence, as that is where the shuttle buses pick up and drop off. When we initially boarded the bus, it only stopped in our area of the lot because it was picking up a lady with special needs. When we returned to the car 7 days later the shuttle did drop us off in the second area and we had a short walk back to the car in the other lot. Have a great trip....

• 4 weeks later...

We are back from our cruise and so glad we followed the recommendation to not drop off one person with luggage at the terminal while the driver went to the parking lot. We left on Wednesday, Aug. 28 and traffic was absolutely horrible.  Maybe something was going on?  We parked at Fargo and luckily the shuttle driver squeezed us on. It took the shuttle around 40 minutes to go from the lot to the cruise terminal which is a 5 minute drive! The process at the terminal was very disorganized, and porters were hard to find.  We vowed to never leave from Boston again. 

9 minutes ago, dsarah said:

We are back from our cruise and so glad we followed the recommendation to not drop off one person with luggage at the terminal while the driver went to the parking lot. We left on Wednesday, Aug. 28 and traffic was absolutely horrible.  Maybe something was going on?  We parked at Fargo and luckily the shuttle driver squeezed us on. It took the shuttle around 40 minutes to go from the lot to the cruise terminal which is a 5 minute drive! The process at the terminal was very disorganized, and porters were hard to find.  We vowed to never leave from Boston again. 

Ouch. We did exactly this in mid-July on a Sunday but got to the Fargo lot quite early, so the drive to the terminal was quite quick and easy, less than 10 minutes. And yes, the whole Boston cruise port experience was pretty much the worst we've ever encountered.  Sad to hear it didn't get any better 6 weeks later.  Still, as bad as it is we'll take Boston over Brooklyn, but Manhattan is still our favorite drive-to cruise port.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2024 at 4:21 PM, dsarah said:

Would it be better to walk instead of taking the shuttle? 5 minute walk doesn’t seem that far even with luggage as we have probably walked further with our luggage at the ports in FL. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

12 hours ago, miched said:

Would it be better to walk instead of taking the shuttle? 5 minute walk doesn’t seem that far even with luggage as we have probably walked further with our luggage at the ports in FL. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We used the Fargo lot in July, but we took the shuttle rather than walking. We lucked out as the shuttle had pulled up right next to our car we so hopped on board and were off in minutes. We did arrive very early, so the traffic around the one-way "loop" was light and it didn't take us long to get to the embarkation/luggage drop-off point. If this 40-minute wait is typical at peak embarkation time then walking is certainly easy and would be a lot faster than 40 minutes ;o). You can get a feel for the walk by looking at the route on Google Street View, the only problem spot would be right after leaving the Fargo lot. You have to negotiate the very wide and busy Summer Street which could be fun if you are dragging suitcases (we never travel light when we are driving to a port). Once across Summer, it is an easy walk to the terminal. I would guesstimate it would be about a 10 minute walk from the Fargo lot and Google SV agrees with me.

57 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

We used the Fargo lot in July, but we took the shuttle rather than walking. We lucked out as the shuttle had pulled up right next to our car we so hopped on board and were off in minutes. We did arrive very early, so the traffic around the one-way "loop" was light and it didn't take us long to get to the embarkation/luggage drop-off point. If this 40-minute wait is typical at peak embarkation time then walking is certainly easy and would be a lot faster than 40 minutes ;o). You can get a feel for the walk by looking at the route on Google Street View, the only problem spot would be right after leaving the Fargo lot. You have to negotiate the very wide and busy Summer Street which could be fun if you are dragging suitcases (we never travel light when we are driving to a port). Once across Summer, it is an easy walk to the terminal. I would guesstimate it would be about a 10 minute walk from the Fargo lot and Google SV agrees with me.

Thanks for the reply.  My wife is claustrophobic and wouldn’t like being on a crowded shuttle for 40 minutes.   She won’t  get on an elevator if it is crowded and will get off if a lot of people enter. She will no longer fly so we drive to the ports and do road trips. 

Is it suggested to have reservations or just drive up?  I read that cruise passengers get a discount by showing their cruise ticket.  Is this true?  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

17 minutes ago, miched said:

Thanks for the reply.  My wife is claustrophobic and wouldn’t like being on a crowded shuttle for 40 minutes.   She won’t  get on an elevator if it is crowded and will get off if a lot of people enter. She will no longer fly so we drive to the ports and do road trips. 

Is it suggested to have reservations or just drive up?  I read that cruise passengers get a discount by showing their cruise ticket.  Is this true?  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We reserved ahead of time, printed out the receipt and showed it to the folks manning the lot. I'm not sure I would run the risk of just driving up to the lot, the folks running it did not seem to be well equipped so I don't how they would handle the on-site charging of credit cards or cash transactions.  Can't speak to a discount for cruise passengers, IIRC there was no mention of anything like that on their website. One VERY good deal we did get was that when I booked they charged my credit card the exact amount but in Canadian dollars rather then the obviously expected US dollars. No idea why, but when I checked the details of the charge, it was made by the Canadian arm of the very big parking lot company. Worked out to a nice 35% discount. Beyond that, no idea of any other discounts, sorry.

I called this parking lot.   I am on a 11 day cruise.  I was told that the parking would be $200 and I can just drive up without any reservations without any problems.   Apparently I am getting the 2 week discounted rate.   This is a lot cheaper than the one that is recommended by Celebrity that is the Falcon lot.   They wanted $350.  

Hope this helps. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_1149.png

IMG_1148.png

9 hours ago, miched said:

I called this parking lot.   I am on a 11 day cruise.  I was told that the parking would be $200 and I can just drive up without any reservations without any problems.   Apparently I am getting the 2 week discounted rate.   This is a lot cheaper than the one that is recommended by Celebrity that is the Falcon lot.   They wanted $350.  

Hope this helps. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I would strongly suggest you look through this sub-forum, starting with the attached thread from earlier this summer, re the C1 lot. There is a discussion as to whether this C1 lot is actually available to all passengers or not, and the parking company is very confusing on the issue. There was a time when this lot was only open on Fridays for specific Norwegian Bermuda cruises only. In this thread, people were able to book the C1 lot for their non-Norwegian cruise only to have their money refunded unexpectedly by ABM.  In particular, check post #58 on page 3.  I can't say for sure that this is still the case, but I would suggest you check Lot C1 very carefully. Best of luck