GTY Rockstar Suite

jame_g

Has anyone here ever had a GTY rockstar suite? When I booked my upcoming cruise several months back, I booked a cheeky corner suite with an even bigger terrace. (Not a suite that was listed as a "lock it in rate" - I've never even seen those available in the Rockstar category, it's always grayed out.) I didn't realize until after I booked that it would be assigned as a GTY, since the site just said it would assign the best available cabin.

My cruise is about a month away now. I'm wondering how far out we're likely to find out what our cabin is? Are we likely to get the category we booked, or how likely it is we could end up in a different category? I booked that category because we've been in it before and enjoyed the location. While I wouldn't complain about ending up in a higher category, I probably wouldn't be happy with a corner suite on 14.

My reservation indicated both GTY and Cheeky Corner Suite Even Bigger Terrace, depending where you looked, but no room number. Well it has since the booking went through, up until at least the point I created this post - when I went in and checked before posting. Ironically enough, when I went back in to take a screen shot just now, the app is still showing GTY, but online is now showing a room number in the category I booked. Guess I should have waited just a couple more hours before posting.🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1