Laundry

We use a suiter ( garment) bag for cruises and if you are going to be in a hotel before the cruise you can re iron the clothes that need it .I also bring Downey wrinkle release .Most of my cruise clothes are pretty wrinkle resistant but DH has dress shirts that need a bit of pressing.

On 7/16/2024 at 8:30 AM, cruisestitch said:

While you wouldn’t be able to see an item by item price, you could certainly see what you paid for laundry on a daily basis by looking at your Paul either on your stateroom tv or on the app, or am I going to guest relations and asking for a printout.

I continuously checked, and our laundry costs were not posted in the app or stateroom tv.  They were not posted until our final night.

Maybe others have better luck with guest relations assistance, but I have no faith in what they can or are willing to provide.  We had concerns about how our onboard credits were applied to our purchases and never could get a clear answer from guest relations. I visited guest relations 3 times for print out details of our prior sailing excursion purchases and came away with nothing. The first visit I was told they could not provide a printout, the second visit gave me a printout, but lacked the details I needed such as the date, refund, or amounts charged to  credit card, and the 3rd visit resulted in them giving me the email contact information to handle it once I returned home.  All of that is another topic and issue not related to laundry, so I won't elaborate on that.

On 7/16/2024 at 7:40 PM, clairebearinaus said:

I was thinking of using laundry service on my next cruise because it's a 14 nighter, do you think it would be safe for 100% linen clothing?  It seems fairly indestructible at home, can be washed and dried on very high heat.

I’ve sent linen and had no problems. I did two separates bags last cruise, and no issues with anything. Except that after a couple of days, they no longer smelled laundered, not dirty, just not laundry fresh.

On a long cruise or with pre/post sometimes you just have to do some laundry. I never sweat it. I’m sure some people have had issues, but at least I never have…knocks on wood 😅 If something is particularly delicate or expensive, have it dry cleaned instead of throwing it in the bag.

• Thanks 1