More "specific" Miracle Tender Questions

Kaki321

Hey folks, I have searched and found a lot of tendering info, but not the specific answers I am looking for. I even called Carnival and the CVP wasn't really sure...so, here's my question:

I am still curious about more specifics on the tendering. We have 3 small children (5 and under) and will probably be taking our time getting off the ship. I imagine we won't even be ready to go anywhere until about 9:30-10:00 am.

Do we still need to get down to Mat Hatters early to get tickets? Can one from our party go and get tickets for everyone? Or can we just go down there around 9-10 and get tickets and walk off? (how crowded is it then?)

Last, are some ports better than others in terms of tendering ease? I know we are tendering at 3 (Cozumel, Belize and Grand Cayman)

I assume strollers are ok to take, but any concerns?

thanks!

You should be fine with your schedule. You certainly may send someone from your party to pick up the boarding stickers, I doubt you will need any for the kids... the only place we ran into a delay was in Grand Caymans... short time on shore and lots of excursions. If you have nothing planned, it should be easy around 10AM...

The tenders are all private vendors. Most are good sized boats, the smaller ones were in Beliez, and that was the longest ride.. you should have no problem with strollers.. they will accommodate everything.

Have fun

Tendering in the Caymans was a short 5 minute ride in. Pretty big tenders and safe, Same with Belize, Their Tenders were also big and very fast, its around a good 2 miles out but due to the speed of these boats it only took 10 minutes each way. The time frame you are going is great, no crowds just a few Crew people getting off during that time. All the ports are about the same, it all depends on the weather and how choppy the waters is. Carnival struck a deal with Belize on building a nice Seaport and pier because during the wet season its pretty hard getting Tenders in. This project is due to be completed within 2 years.

We were on the Miracle last week. Tendering numbers were only used in Cozumel, and they ran through them before 10AM. YOu won't have problems at any of the ports. Belize is the longest run, and they crank on the speed, so you might get a bounce or two in at no extra charge.

Mark T

My only concern would be trying to board the tender with a stroller. If it happens to be rough, it could be very difficult. It was rough for all 3 tender ports when we were there and the tender was doing alot of bobbing up and down. They do have crew both on the ship and the tender to help you which is a very good thing, but it can be tricky negotiating the steps on the tender. On the tender into Belize, we didn't even get seated before they took off full speed ahead. DH and I both went flying. He got thrown into a seat and soaked from the spray. I would have fallen flat if a nice man hadn't grabbed me. I'm not trying to scare you, but these are things that need to be considered.

Thank you all SO MUCH for the information. I think we are planning to lay low and relax at each port and simply get off and beach it for a few hours each day. Sounds like the tendering process won't be a problem.

Popcorngal, thanks for the warnings. We might carry the little ones down the steps and have the guys carry the folded up strollers. I will hang on tight to my 5 year old as he is a skinny little thing, lol. The 2 year old actually weighs a few pounds more than him and can hold his own. (just kidding, we will hang onto him too :cool: )

Thanks again, getting SO excited, got my docs yesterday for a May 7th cruise! pretty early, eh?

Thank you all SO MUCH for the information. I think we are planning to lay low and relax at each port and simply get off and beach it for a few hours each day. Sounds like the tendering process won't be a problem.

Popcorngal, thanks for the warnings. We might carry the little ones down the steps and have the guys carry the folded up strollers. I will hang on tight to my 5 year old as he is a skinny little thing, lol. The 2 year old actually weighs a few pounds more than him and can hold his own. (just kidding, we will hang onto him too :cool: )

Thanks again, getting SO excited, got my docs yesterday for a May 7th cruise! pretty early, eh?

Having cruised with our boys for years, you are very very wise to plan low key beach days with such small children. I have seen way to many port days ruined, because the parents planned excursions beyond their children's abilities. We all know if children are put into siutations they are not ready for, no one is going to be happy. And it is a shame to ruin a perfectly lovely port day because of unrealistic expectations from your children.

Great job Mom and have a wonderful cruise!!!

Archived