Would Celebrity Consider Active Cruising?

As Celebrity makes an effort to encourage a slightly younger demographic, it seems like a great time to embrace them with excursions and options that match their expectations.

For me, I would heartily welcome the option for easy access to on-board bicycle storage.  Very often, we arrive in a port and the only options readily available are some sort of motorized (car, van, bus, taxi, etc.) vehicles.  Considering many ports - especially in Europe - are "bike friendly", it would be fantastic to disembark, grab my (or a rental) bike from storage, and head out to explore for the day.  I've seen cruises which cater to motorcyclists, and imagine folding bikes are options, but allowing or even encouraging regular cycling would be a huge plus for "active" and "green" cruisers.

Separate but related is the consistent "over-rating" of the difficulty of excursions.  My wife and I have come to see even the "hardest" Celebrity excursions tend to be "moderate" or even "easy" relative to a youngish and mildly fit person's understanding of the terms. I understand erring on the side of caution as we've been on easy (to us) excursions that were difficult (or impossible) for some folks who self-identified as able to participate, and that really can derail an excursion for the rest of the group. However, if the most strenuous excursions on offer are consistently "moderate" in reality, it really limits the options for the growing percentage of folks on board who are capable of truly "strenuous" options and seek them out.

• 2 weeks later...

As a compromise it would be great if X would offer shore excursions on it's own bicycles and E-Bikes organized by it's own staff. Various cruise lines such as "Mein Schiff (partially belongs to the RCI) offers that alteady.

• Like 1

We did a 6 mile hike / walk with Celebrity in South America on sand and volcanic rock.  Several guests had to turn around.  We also hiked up the side of a mountain for a hour and a half on that same cruise.

We usually see a few excursions that are more active but maybe not every day of the cruise.