Extra Virgin - Menu options (anything simple?)

doconner

When looking at the VV website, I am able to link out to this menu for Extra Virgin:  201201-IMG-FNB-extra-virgin-web-menu-pre

While some of the options sound nice to me, my partner was hoping for some more traditional/simple pasta dishes.   I've seen on other reviews of the restaurant that the menus have included carbonara and a pasta ragu, which I have found on this menu along the left side:

Virgin-Voyages-Extra-Virgin-2024-Menu.jp

My question is, the first menu is directly linked from the Virgin website, so is it likely to be more accurate than the other menu which was posted on some blog website, or is it just that the Virgin website is not a complete listing, and carbonara and ragu will both be options?

Any recent cruisers have any thoughts?

14 minutes ago, doconner said:

When looking at the VV website, I am able to link out to this menu for Extra Virgin:  201201-IMG-FNB-extra-virgin-web-menu-pre

While some of the options sound nice to me, my partner was hoping for some more traditional/simple pasta dishes.   I've seen on other reviews of the restaurant that the menus have included carbonara and a pasta ragu, which I have found on this menu along the left side:

My question is, the first menu is directly linked from the Virgin website, so is it likely to be more accurate than the other menu which was posted on some blog website, or is it just that the Virgin website is not a complete listing, and carbonara and ragu will both be options?

The menu on the website or app is a sample menu and doesn’t show all dishes. The other one is a photo of the actual menu given in the restaurant so is more accurate. 

The menu here is the same as I was given two months ago.

https://vvinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/extra-virgin-follow-vvinsider.pdf

VV Insider is pretty accurate for menu updates https://vvinsider.com/restaurant-menus/

1 hour ago, doconner said:

This is the menu we have seen for the last 2 years.  The app menu is a small sample.  You can also mix any type of pasta and any of the sauces...or a favorite trick is to order the meatball appetizer on top of one of the pastas.

The VV Insider menu linked above, which is the same one you posted as the second picture, is the most up-to-date menu, which was introduced in late February (very minor changes compared to the original menu). The one on the website (your first picture) is the sample menu that was released before the ships actually started sailing. 

There's also an off-menu marinara sauce if you want something even more simple. 

The menu online is a sample menu. The menu you receive in the restaurant has the basic options you are looking for. You can definitely get pasta with the same sauce served with the braised meatballs.