What’s going on with MVJ?

SantaFe1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, PeabodyMa said:

Do you get the screen re: Agreeing to the Passenger Ticket contract every time you log on to MVJ? 

Please let me know. Thank you everyone.

No, I don't get the request for agreement.  That only shows up very occasionally if they have updated my account in some manner.

But I think CurlerRob is right, it must have something to do with your account.

Edited by millybess

@millybess Thank you for letting me know the “Request for Agreement” Pagé is not shown with every log in. Yes, I agree with CurlerRob and you. The problem is my account itself. Still working with Viking to fix the problem. 
Thanks again.

48 minutes ago, PeabodyMa said:

@millybess Thank you for letting me know the “Request for Agreement” Pagé is not shown with every log in. Yes, I agree with CurlerRob and you. The problem is my account itself. Still working with Viking to fix the problem. 
Thanks again.

As CurlerRob suggested, ask Viking to set up a new account for you with a different email.  I think there's a very good chance that will work.

Frustrating, I know.

It seems that their log in "update" effected everyone in different ways.  You started having problems with MVJ at the same time as the rest of us.

Well I had something different with MVJ yesterday. 

Yesterday at 9:00am (my time) was the opening for us to make dining reservations for our cruise in October. I dutifully logged on at the proper time and was told that it wasn't time yet. I called the help line and they agreed that it WAS the proper time, and had me do the regular things (log off and back on, clear history & cache, try another browser), but no joy. They finally said they would research it and get back to me (note: 24 hours later and they haven't). They did say that my travel agent would be able to go into my account and make the reservations, but I figured that would be a real hassle.

I decided to try my other computer. Still no luck with the reservations, but this time I did an online chat. That person tried the normal things, but then said that they could make my reservations for me. I ended up with two Chef's Table reservations at good times and one for Manfredi's. The Manfredi's is early enough in the cruise that we can try for another if we like it. Last year on the Mississippi we were happy with the World Cafe (especially the open-air grill) and never even ate in the Restaurant.

I got an email confirmation later in the day with my dining reservations and then checked MVJ and was able to go into the dining section. What a day.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, odblnt said:

Yesterday at 9:00am (my time) was the opening for us to make dining reservations for our cruise in October. I dutifully logged on at the proper time and was told that it wasn't time yet. I called the help line and they agreed that it WAS the proper time, and had me do the regular things (log off and back on, clear history & cache, try another browser), but no joy. They finally said they would research it and get back to me (note: 24 hours later and they haven't). They did say that my travel agent would be able to go into my account and make the reservations, but I figured that would be a real hassle.

I decided to try my other computer. Still no luck with the reservations, but this time I did an online chat. That person tried the normal things, but then said that they could make my reservations for me. I ended up with two Chef's Table reservations at good times and one for Manfredi's. The Manfredi's is early enough in the cruise that we can try for another if we like it. Last year on the Mississippi we were happy with the World Cafe (especially the open-air grill) and never even ate in the Restaurant.

I got an email confirmation later in the day with my dining reservations and then checked MVJ and was able to go into the dining section. What a day.

That sounds frustrating.  It's great you were able to get what you wanted.  Thankfully, it didn't happen on excursion booking day!!  Enjoy!

1 hour ago, millybess said:

That sounds frustrating.  It's great you were able to get what you wanted.  Thankfully, it didn't happen on excursion booking day!!  Enjoy!

We didn't go in on excursion booking day. Were still able to get pretty much what we wanted. We're doing a river cruise (Lyon & Provence) followed by 4 days in Barcelona on our own followed by ocean cruise (Iconic Western Med) so we're not trying to overdo it.

• Like 1

Evidently this problem is NOT fixed.  We put a booking on a courtesy hold yesterday, with deposit due Monday.  I can't get into MVJ at all (tried all suggestions here, to no avail).  Tried online chat and they were no help so just spent a half hour on the phone and he wasn't able to get me any further although I did ask him to log in on his end and he said it worked fine for him.  He submitted a ticket for IT and said he'd follow up with me later today but not hopeful based on comments here.  The only thing we haven't tried yet is to switch the email account to a different one and see if that works.  If this hadn't been going on for several weeks now, it might not be so concerning but at the moment, we're not willing to put money on a cruise when we can't get into MVJ to control the booking, book excursions (which open in about a month), etc.  

I am "Frustrated in Colorado" 🤨

FWIW, I logged in to MVJ on Thursday in anticipation of our restaurant bookings on Friday. Had no trouble getting in with a password. Then no trouble booking restaurants on Friday. Not sure why the troubles affect everyone differently.

@LindaS272  If you call Viking directly, the rep can fill out a form that includes your MVJ e-mail, browsers used and details of the problem. This speeds up fixing the problem. Once Viking submitted the form, MVJ was fixed in less than 24 hrs.

A friend had MVJ problems after I did. Once her form was submitted, she had access within a few hours.

It is now well documented that MVJ problems periodically happen.

Following up to my post about not being able to log into MVJ ... still dead in the water today so called Viking yet again and was told they'd "escalate" it with IT and should hear back in a few days.  Explained deposit is due tomorrow.  So as a last resort, as someone had mentioned here, I asked about creating a second account using a different email address and voila!  It worked.  Don't know if I'll ever hear anything back from them about our long-ago created account that quit working but as long as this new one keeps going, I'm good with it.

Thanks for all the suggestions on this thread. 🙏

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm a little cheesed about this (just a little). I know pre-board dining reservations aren't a big deal, and we can probably get into the specialty restaurants once we are on board, but we will be boarding later on the embarkation day (ship is overnight in port) so I won't be able to be 'first in line' to make reservations upon boarding, so I really wanted to at least nail down our one-per-restaurant ASAP after reservations opened up today (we're DV, so I expected some prime slots would be gone). However, when logged in just a minute or two after "noon Pacific time" (9 am here in Hawaii), the reservations were still not available. The pink banner was still up, and the table options greyed-out. I even had a notification in my account stating that reservations were open, but no dice.

So, after trying a few times, refreshing the screen and logging out and back in, I got onto the online chat and asked for help. Was advised to refresh, tried that again and got kicked out of the chat. Logged in again, went through their introductory nonsense, yes I'll take your survey at the end (if we get that far), explained the whole problem AGAIN. Was advised to clear cache and cookies, so I did that. Reservations still closed. She asked if she could see my screen but at that point I was 15 minutes late for a client appointment so had to get off.

Got back on again an hour and a half later, reservations were magically open (thank heavens) but ALL reservations for our sea day were gone, ALL 2-top reservations were gone on several days and the rest had only 9:00 pm (we don't mind 8, but 9 is a little late if we have to be out early the next day). I ended up booking two reservations (1 for each restaurant) for a shared table, and am hoping we can get something better once on board or at least that the CT menu is good and the people are reasonable for what we did get. Never did end up finding out what was causing the problem, but it was obviously on their end since I did nothing and it magically got fixed. (Grrrrr....)

On 8/9/2024 at 9:37 AM, odblnt said:

Yesterday at 9:00am (my time) was the opening for us to make dining reservations for our cruise in October. I dutifully logged on at the proper time and was told that it wasn't time yet. I called the help line and they agreed that it WAS the proper time, and had me do the regular things (log off and back on, clear history & cache, try another browser), but no joy.

I am wondering if somehow Hawaii messes them up (maybe because we don't do DST?), because the same thing happened to me today (I posted about it below). Just interesting that we're both in Hawaii.

16 hours ago, Squillo said:

I am wondering if somehow Hawaii messes them up (maybe because we don't do DST?), because the same thing happened to me today (I posted about it below). Just interesting that we're both in Hawaii.

I asked that question, too, but was assured that all was okay (that was on the chat). It is strange, though.