Visiting Megan's Bay, St. Thomas USVI

putterboy

My wife and I will be on the Zuiderdam next week and are planning on visiting Megan's Bay while we're in St. Thomas. Since I don't see any organized tours to Megan's Bay we're planning on getting over there on our own. Anyone have any experience on taking taxi to Megan's and getting transport back to ship? Also, anyone have any experience on the White Squall II sailing out of Road Town. We've been on 3 HAL cruises and 2 RCI cruises and have read many of the comments about the Z. We loved the Veendam and the Rotterdam and are looking forward to forming our own opinions about the Z. We've done alot of traveling but I like to pin down the details as much as possible so we're not making a lot of last minute decisions. Looking forward to hearing.

As I remember, take the regular taxi from the port and let him know you want to go over the hill to Megans bay. He should drop off the shopping crowd and then take you over the hill to the beach which is a world away from town. There should be taxi's when you are ready to leave. Really nice, enjoy.

Took the Z on 3/18 and landed st Thomas on 3/21. With 5 other ships in port Megans Bay was PACKED although the ride over the mountain, with a taxi driver who had no fear of death was fun. The price of $18 pp not worth it. But, is your looking for a great I mean great beach wait for Tortola in the BVI rent a jeep as soon as yoy walk past the security gate about $95 for the day gas/temp licence/insurance included and drive to Smuggler's Cove they'll show to on the map. MUCH less on the main path.

I have done Megan's Bay several times on our own.

I think it is important to get off of the ship early, grab a taxi. I do not remember how much the taxi cost, but I do remember that we did save money by going on our own, instead of taking an organized shore excursion from the ship.

We got to Megans Bay by about 9:30 AM and it was fairly empty. By 11:00 AM it was packed.

I have done Megan's Bay several times on our own.

I think it is important to get off of the ship early, grab a taxi. I do not remember how much the taxi cost, but I do remember that we did save money by going on our own, instead of taking an organized shore excursion from the ship.

We got to Megans Bay by about 9:30 AM and it was fairly empty. By 11:00 AM it was packed.

Its only about $12 RT per-person, and the entrance fee to the park is $3.

The area near the entrance may be crowded, but if you walk a few yards to your left, the people thin out and once can enjoy near-solitude and watch the pelicans feeding in the bay.

Archived