What can you do when you have a booking problem

Janet&Carl

I have been dealing with booking a back to back cruise - all week.  The reservations team that I ring contact the resolutions team and I get a different answer everytime.  The problem first arose with the website not booking my reservation properly.  This was rectified by the team on the phone but by then the cabin I wanted was no longer available.   I have seen cabins come up every night (when the office is closed and no one answers the phone)  but by the time I get to speak to them the following morning the cabin is gone again.  Anyway I was advised next time to just reserve the cabin and the bookings can be merged by the team when I ring the next day.

This I did and today they seem to finally get the problem and advised that they would speak to the resolutions team and fix it.  The result is the cost should have reduced by $2991.24 and instead it has increased by $3515.40 !!

Is there anyone who can resolve this issue for me ? 

3 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

I have been dealing with booking a back to back cruise - all week.  The reservations team that I ring contact the resolutions team and I get a different answer everytime.  The problem first arose with the website not booking my reservation properly.  This was rectified by the team on the phone but by then the cabin I wanted was no longer available.   I have seen cabins come up every night (when the office is closed and no one answers the phone)  but by the time I get to speak to them the following morning the cabin is gone again.  Anyway I was advised next time to just reserve the cabin and the bookings can be merged by the team when I ring the next day.

This I did and today they seem to finally get the problem and advised that they would speak to the resolutions team and fix it.  The result is the cost should have reduced by $2991.24 and instead it has increased by $3515.40 !!

Is there anyone who can resolve this issue for me ? 

Try emailing the CEO at dondra.ritzenthaler@azamara.com or the loyalty manager at erin.odonnell@azamara.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Try emailing the CEO at dondra.ritzenthaler@azamara.com or the loyalty manager at erin.odonnell@azamara.com

Thank you  that is helpful

19 minutes ago, blag said:

Try booking through a good TA?

Unfortunately, TA's in Australia do not have to have trust accounts and many clients lose lots of money.  There is a tendency to go broke and start again under a different name.  When a refund is required they pass the buck between the cruise company, airline and dont take responsibility.  Hard to know which is a good one.  Once bitten, twice shy. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Janet&Carl said:

Unfortunately, TA's in Australia do not have to have trust accounts and many clients lose lots of money.  There is a tendency to go broke and start again under a different name.  When a refund is required they pass the buck between the cruise company, airline and dont take responsibility.  Hard to know which is a good one.  Once bitten, twice shy. 

But, if you pay with a Credit Card do you not get some kind of protection against this?

3 minutes ago, blag said:

But, if you pay with a Credit Card do you not get some kind of protection against this?

We do pay with CC and also buy trip insurance but unfortunately it does not cover against companies going broke and into receivership.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Janet&Carl said:

We do pay with CC and also buy trip insurance but unfortunately it does not cover against companies going broke and into receivership.

That is not the case in the UK, or with a UK-issued CC.

A purchase via a CC means the credit card company has equal responsibility (or ‘liability’) with the seller if there’s a problem with the things you’ve bought or the company you’ve bought them from fails.

• Like 1

Just now, blag said:

That is not the case in the UK, or with a UK-issued CC.

A purchase via a CC means the credit card company has equal responsibility (or ‘liability’) with the seller if there’s a problem with the things you’ve bought or the company you’ve bought them from fails.

Your travel insurance is so much cheaper too.  Our basic cover costs around $800 for a 3 week cruise but if you go near America you will pay a more.  It becomes prohibitive if you are over 80 - I paid $3500 for my mother two years ago (for a three week repositioner from Seattle to Sydney) my own insurance for the same trip was just short of $700 - neither of us had reportable medical conditions

• Thanks 1

Just now, Janet&Carl said:

Your travel insurance is so much cheaper too.  Our basic cover costs around $800 for a 3 week cruise but if you go near America you will pay a more.  It becomes prohibitive if you are over 80 - I paid $3500 for my mother two years ago (for a three week repositioner from Seattle to Sydney) my own insurance for the same trip was just short of $700 - neither of us had reportable medical conditions

As a British ex-pat pensioner living in Italy, travel insurance is not cheap for us for any realistic cover.

10 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

I have seen cabins come up every night (when the office is closed and no one answers the phone)  but by the time I get to speak to them the following morning the cabin is gone again. 

Make a free 'hold' booking online, then call then during office hours to transfer that cabin to your original booking.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

Make a free 'hold' booking online, then call then during office hours to transfer that cabin to your original booking.

Thanks fruitmachine that is what I did - that is what Azamara told me to do.  I did this on the advice of the operator I spoke to when I told them I was struggling to secure a cabin.  I have partially resolved this in following Azamara's instructions again (last night) but have been told that they will cancel the back to back bonus ($400 per cruise) and I have to keep two separate booking numbers.  They have now resolved to putting things in writing lol but cherry picking the bits they said to repeat back to me. Leaving out the things they told me to do which were wrong and resulted in this mess.   And by inference blaming me for not following the "right" advice.  I guess I should have known which advice was right and which was wrong. Inconsiderate given that I have been told different things.

• Like 1