Arvia family dining

Joroma

As a retirement event I am taking my whole family (11 all ages) on the Arvia around the Caribbean. How can I arrange for us to dine together in the evening and at which restaurant. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Arvia is all Freedom dining so basically you cannot make advance arrangements. Also I am not sure what the maximum size of table is on Arvia - you may have to have two adjacent tables.

My suggestion would be to speak to one of the restaurant managers as soon as possible once onboard to see what they can arrange/suggest.

Posted (edited)

Assuming you have a couple of smaller children / thin people, they can probably sneak 11 on a table for 10.

Speak with the Restaurant Manager of the large aft MDR especially if you want early or the same time each night, they should be able to sort something out.

Edited by molecrochip

On Arvia I've seen a lot of six seaters and eight seaters, and not so many ten seaters.  As Moley writes, if there are youngsters you may all squeeze onto a ten seater.

As has already been suggested, you really need to speak with the restaurant manager as soon as you board to make an arrangement to sit together.  You will need to commit to dining at the same time each evening, so as not to inconvenience the crew and other passengers. It could be that they assign you two six seaters close to each other. If they do that you will need to ascertain if you will have the same waiting team, as it could be that one table is serviced by one waiting team and the nearest to it is serviced by another pair.  The benefit for your group if you get two tables close together that are serviced by the same waiting team is that they will become familiar with everyone's requirements, and members of your party will be able to swap seating on the two tables.

If you don't mind dining early, you can book tables before you board for no later than 18:00. The maximum table size for this option is six, so the bookings would have to be made by two different cabins.  You will still need to speak with the restaurant manager onboard to make sure you get tables close together, but at least you will have the comfort of knowing the times of your dining reservations.

If you fancy a celebratory meal in Epicurean, I believe they have at least one table that can seat eight. It would require two six seaters or three four seaters to be placed close to each other; as it is a smaller restaurant, I wouldn't think it would be too much trouble for them to move tables to accommodate you. Again, go and speak with the restaurant manager early doors.

If you haven't already done so, make sure all the bookings are linked.

• Like 1