Cabin 2465 Cat. 1A (Pictures)

Wennfred

gmldolphin,

Did the Glory 2465 have 2 lower beds? I'm booked in July and have been told conflicting information from Carnival.

Help !

the GLory is the only ship that has the single bed/convertible sofa- sorry.

(PS) youwill get conflciting information from Carnival on just about anything you call about.

Are this 'hidden' gems on all carival ships? Are the all double occupancy or can they hold 4.... If not...maybe the kids can stay with grandma. :D

Renee- these are 1A cabins and only hold 2 people. THey are on all conquest class ships and Destiny/Victory class ships only.

I decided to speak with my new PVP( she is wonderful and went out of her way to get me some answers) last night and see if she could tell me which ships had the two twins and the information given to her was that most of rooms had a twin and a sofa bed. So I was wondering if we could get an accurate list of which of these rooms actually come with two twins. From reading this thread it appears that not all Conquest Class ships have this set up and not all Destiny Class have a twin and a upper. I will start the list and hopefully we can all come up with a precise list to better help present and future critic members. Please correct or add as needed. I am not trying to step on any toes this morning but it just didn't seem to be an up to date list

Conquest - Yes

Destiny - yes

Freedom -

Glory - No

Liberty - Yes

Splendor - ?

Triumph -

Valor - Yes

Victory - No

i hope this is correct about the destiny. i booked my cruise yesterday and the PVP wanted to make sure i understood that his description of the cabin was upper/lower but i assured him that i have seen actual pics of that cabin and it had two lowers pushed together. i hope my eyes aren't deceiving me and it is indeed true that the cabin has 2 lowers.

Can anyone tell me when in this cabin do you get a lot of vibration/shuddering and or noise?

I notice that this is above the white area on the Riveria deck.

We booked into 2470 which is right next door and now stressing

Can anyone tell me when in this cabin do you get a lot of vibration/shuddering and or noise?

Serene: I've only got a one-time past experience in one of these cabins, but here's my take on it....

Noise was not an issue at all, despite it being built around that stairwell (which must get minimal use). Any shuddering I considered to be normal for aft rooms. I've definitely been in rooms that have had less vibration, but I've also been in others that had Richter Scale measurements. There was a bit more when leaving a port, but nothing I deemed out of the ordinary. I, oddly enough, felt more constant vibration in that aft dining room each evening. When you see ripples in your wine glass, you know some obvious movement is taking place.

I was oblivious to these special cabins until initially seeing the pictures that our dear Fred posted, and booked my cabin based on his recommendation (and visuals). I absolutely loved it, and knew that I'd repeat the experience again. . . .like in a few days, and then on seven of my future bookings. It truly was that great. And, if I soon realize the first enjoyment was a fluke, no problem - I'll just blame Fred!:p (jk)

Don: The Liberty is the ship that I have that cabin- next door to the 1A

I will wait patiently for your return to let me know about vibrations/shuddering.

I got a baby sleeping in the room with us some nights.. (she is 18 months old) please let me know if its loud.

Conquest - Yes

Destiny - yes

Freedom -

Glory - No

Liberty - Yes

Splendor - ?

Triumph -

Valor - Yes

Victory - No

We can take Carnival Splendor off the list. Apparently the popularity of these two cabins was finally realized, and they've been re-listed as 6B for this ship. Still same location and double-window design, just no longer the value they once were. Darn!!

We're booked in cabin 2462 on the Glory in June and the Liberty in September. I'll be happy to take pictures and attempt to post upon our return.

After months of research, I'm fairly sure that the Liberty has two twin beds on the floor that are pushed together to make a queen.

I was also fairly sure that the Glory had a twin on the floor and a convertible sofa. However, in the most recent pictures that I've seen, it didn't look like there was a sofa in the room at all. Thus, it may be that the sofa has been removed and that there is now a twin on the floor and an upper. We'll see!

I just received an email from my PVP that yes the freedom has the 2 twin bed configuration

out of curiosity--ask about the Glory to see what the agent would say.

The glory has one bed and a sofa. But when you call and ask a carnival worker its 50-50- take your chance.

Dont always believe what the PVP says coz more then likly that person never sailed the ship

I actually sent the photos that Fred posted(thanks for the pics) to my PVP and she sent them to the head of Housekeeping on the Freedom. The head of Housekeeping responded that it was the exact set up for the Freedom.

Thats good to know, thanks because I got 2462 on the Freedom for next April.

Fred

I actually sent the photos that Fred posted(thanks for the pics) to my PVP and she sent them to the head of Housekeeping on the Freedom. The head of Housekeeping responded that it was the exact set up for the Freedom.

thats the way to do it...

now if you canonly get me the Maitre d of the golden dining room on the liberty's email address EVERYthing would be perfect for me.

Serene56...I found some pictures of Triumph cabin 2445 on the webshots board that look like they were from you....I was wondering, do you have any more? Also, it appears that the couch in the room can open into another bed, but will that take up all the room in the cabin and it appears from the pictures that it might even block the walkway to to bathroom? Did you stay in this cabin or 2444? Are the layouts of these two rooms the same? I have stayed in 2465 on the Valor, and this room is similar, but not quite the same. Does it have two standing closets like on the Valor...Any help would be appreciated as I am considering this room for myself and my wife's next cruise and it is available.

Sofa in any cabin will convert to a bed-- they do not pull out and made into the sofa bed. Inother words--the back comes off and laid down and there is the bed.- the convertible sofa does not take up added space.

The cabin itsaelf will only hold two people- you will not be able to book 3 people into that cabin.

2444 and 2445 will be exactly the same.

I do not know if this cabin on the triumph has two beds- it might have one bed and a convertible sofa bed.

The pic you have on this ship is not mine- -i have not sailed the Triumph but do collect photos of various cabins on ships. I also like visitng cabins on getting off day while everyone is scrambling to get off the ship.

if you go to www.google.com and type in carnival triuph cabin 2444 and get some photos. here is one

2608131830067526108jyRXBN_th.jpg

Serene..thanks for that photo of 2444...but it seems that 2445 is different in that it has the bed on the floor under one of the windows in the room, and this room has it against a wall facing the window...can you or anyone else confirm that this is the case...odd that they would do a room one way and its sister room different...Chattiepatty, can you confirm this??

Has anyone stayed on Destiny lately in cabin 2334 or 2335? i booked 2334 under the impression that it does in fact have 2 lower beds that can be pushed together. im getting nervous that its not and i wont get to sleep with my sweetie. any help????????

The porthole is small, the size of a large pizza. It is jsut large enough to keep you from getting claustrophobic. My wife and I slept apart so I don't think the beds can be combined. However, for $500 pp, I think they are a great deal.

I had a balcony on deck 6 for $599 pp in November.

• 1 month later...
You haven't missed anything yet, I'm also waiting to see what the Configuration is onboard the Freedom as I booked cabin 2462 :D But there will be people that should be sailing in these cabins way before me. My trip is April 5, 2008.

Fred

Hello Fred,

Did you get confirmation on room 2462 for the Freedom? I booked this room yesterday hoping that it is two twins on the floor.

Thanks ML

Archived