What are the ocean view full front rooms on Odyssey like??

I've only been on two cruises, Harmony and Oasis, and I was in an ocean view balcony each time.  To save money I was considering one of those front ocean view rooms with the extra large room and slanted window that overlooks the helipad and such, on Odyssey (I assume these rooms are similar on any ship, however).  Is the slanted window difficult to look out of because you have to stand a few feet away in order to not bump your head?  Can you even see much of the ocean or is is far away since you have the bow of the ship jutting way out in front of you?  There appears to be a ledge you can sit on at the glass, am I seeing that correctly?

Any insight or pics or comments you have would be great, thank you!

22 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Your pictures and videos are SO helpful!!!  Especially the ones showing the view once at sea.  Thank you so much!

Interesting side note that hopefully will not come up for anyone in these rooms (and I do not believe should factor into your decision to select them):

We had this type of cabin on Symphony and (as I assume it comes up for most everyone) the comment was made that "you would have a really good view if a helicopter rescue was required".

There was unfortunately the need for a helicopter rescue on our sailing.  We learned that it is part of the ship procedure that during a helicopter rescue these rooms are evacuated and you are not allowed to enter until after the rescue is complete.  A crew person is posted to the hallway and will not let you enter.  We ran into another passenger that also had one of these rooms and she remarked she wasn't allowed to go in to use the bathroom or grab something.  

It wasn't a big deal (I would guess it was less than 2 hours total) as we were already out of the room.  

One other comment about these rooms (again based on our Symphony experience), there was a sign asking to keep the window shade closed at night.  Our steward said the reason was light from these rooms could be a problem for the bridge and people have been called before and asked to close them.  It didn't really impact us, but it's worth noting that if you like to sit with your room light on at night and look out, you may get a call to close the window.  We had only the one experience on a different class of ship, so I can't say whether this will be the case for all front cabins on all ships.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Katems75 said:
1 hour ago, Katems75 said:
On 7/21/2024 at 12:13 PM, Katems75 said:

I've only been on two cruises, Harmony and Oasis, and I was in an ocean view balcony each time.  To save money I was considering one of those front ocean view rooms with the extra large room and slanted window that overlooks the helipad and such, on Odyssey (I assume these rooms are similar on any ship, however).  Is the slanted window difficult to look out of because you have to stand a few feet away in order to not bump your head?  Can you even see much of the ocean or is is far away since you have the bow of the ship jutting way out in front of you?  There appears to be a ledge you can sit on at the glass, am I seeing that correctly?

Any insight or pics or comments you have would be great, thank you!

Deck 8 is mostly helipad, deck 11 is almost all ocean and sky.

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1