Cruise Next and 2 for 1 deposits

On our last cruise in October, we purchased Cruise Next certificates. At the time of purchase, everything seemed crystal clear, but now I am unclear how to actually distinguish between these and the 2 for 1 deposit promotion currently offered. Clarification please??

Also...how do we find out when the double up or triple up plan is offered?

Thanks for any helpful information.

I look at NCL terms and conditions and scroll down to CruiseNext and look at the current promo and what dates it is. Then I come back after the finishing date to look at what promo they offer. 

The triple up is very rare. Maybe twice every year? There has been one this year.

The double up is constantly running for balcony and above. About half the time it is for all rooms. Usually it goes between balcony and above and all rooms.

You apply them as your deposit. Although the terms say they cannot be applied to exixting bookings it seems they can anyway.

The double up promos has nothing to do with the two for one when you buy them. That is always present. Either they say two for one or give you onboard credit that you do NOT have to spend. It's counted towards the purchase price making the price 125 for certificates valued 250.

I’m not sure what this “2 for 1” deposit promotion that you refer to is

If it is the ability to purchase two cruisenext vouchers for the price of 1 then it is a standard promotion which has been in place consistently for over 10 years now, and would certainly have applied when you bought your vouchers last year.

@KeithJenner it is different from Cruise Next but I’m not sure how it works. If you look at , for example , Caribbean cruises in April, the 2 for 1 deposit is listed alongside all the other promotions such as free drinks etc.

We actually prefer to use our vouchers for our next cruise. Since we bought 4, it would be great to be able to use 2 of them towards our next cruise.

OK, I don't think that "2 for 1 deposit" is visible for me in EU. Either way, it's not something I would take any notice of. It only means you can make a smaller first deposit. You wouldn't actually save any money. Just not pay so much out of pocket right away.

It has nothing to do with CruiseNext as I understand it. 

Posted (edited)

@Asawithanks so much for the information. I did manage to eventually find all those terms and conditions which included Cruise Next dates...July 10-25, 2024.. so pretty tight timeline. I don't want to feel rushed.

I am looking for a cruise out of Florida in April so maybe there will be another promotion before then. Thanks again.

Edited by emmajo
spelling error

1 minute ago, emmajo said:

I am looking for a cruise out of Florida in April so maybe there will be another promotion begore then. Thanks again.

There will!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, emmajo said:

@Asawithanks so much for the information. I did manage to eventually find all those terms and conditions which included Cruise Next dates...July 10-25, 2024.. so pretty tight timeline. I don't want to feel rushed.

I am looking for a cruise out of Florida in April so maybe there will be another promotion before then. Thanks again.

It flip flops around all the time, sometimes double or triple for balconies or above sometimes all cabins sometimes just one Cruise Next.
Don't be rushed, whatever you want will come back and you can also add more Cruise Next deposits later after you have booked anyway, it might say they are only for deposits but in reality they can be added any time until 4 months out.

I have been waiting for a triple up for ages and missed my window as I'm under 4 months now. Triple up's are a rare beast unfortunatly.

Edited by ziggyuk