Ladies, Rhapsody Formal Nights ?

Im sorry if this has been asked many times before, I searched and coudn't locate the answer.

We are traveling on the Rhapsody in September.

My question is which Formal Night is more formal or are they about the same.

I bought a Fancy Pant Suit for one formal night and I am planning on buying a formal or cocktail dress for the other and I didnt know which outfit would be appropriate for which night. Also on the Rhapsody, is it true that all other nights are considered Casual ?

Thank you for your help :)

In my opinion, the first formal night was more "formal". I think mainly because we get lazier about dressing up as the nights go on ;)

As for casual...I think it all depends on your style. Some people's "formal" wear is others casual style. Also, I think the women tend to be more dressed up all nights whereas the men are more casual the other nights. It's really a hard question to answer. You see all ranges of dressiness on all nights.

Sorry for the non-answer there, but my best advice is to wear what you feel like and as long as it's not shorts or jeans in the dining room, you're OK. I think the Rhapsody tends to be a little more casual than other cruises I've been on, but then again many people are still very dressed up.

Our server told us the first formal night was the more formal of the two. Unfortunately, she told us that after the first formal night. We were much more formal on the second formal night. But it didn't matter. :p

On the other nights most ladies wore smart-casual type dresses, capris, pants and outfits like that. I think the only thing really frowned upon is jeans or shorts in the dining room.

Have a great trip!!

Queenvic :D

We too are sailing on Rhapsody, but in October. I'm packing a formal gown for the first formal night and a cocktail type dress for the second night. For the other nights, I'll be dressing in either semi-formal or casual (no jeans or shorts though).

DH and DS will be wearing a tux on both formals and dress slacks and ties on semi or no ties on casual.

It may seem over the top, but we don't get "dressed" for dinner and we're excited about getting dressed to the 9's.

D :)

We too are sailing on Rhapsody, but in October. I'm packing a formal gown for the first formal night and a cocktail type dress for the second night. For the other nights, I'll be dressing in either semi-formal or casual (no jeans or shorts though).

DH and DS will be wearing a tux on both formals and dress slacks and ties on semi or no ties on casual.

It may seem over the top, but we don't get "dressed" for dinner and we're excited about getting dressed to the 9's.

D :)

My hubby does not go with me but I am so with you on dressing to the 9's. One thing I love about cruising is the dressing part. I dont get the chance often and like to dress up when Im on a cruise.

Thank you all for your quick responses. Im really getting excited about this cruise. DH is renting a tux for this cruise so I wanted to make sure I look good next to him. My Pant Set is Formal, but I would prefer to wear it on the less formal night, so 2nd formal night it will be (which will also be my BD, so that will be great) I am looking for a Empire Waist style Dress for 1st Formal. Im short and not so thin, so I figure the style will look better on me. I also bought nice Capri sets for the Casual Nights, so those should be ok. So thank again for all your help.

Archived