Aurora Balcony Cabin A203 - any information/views

Posted (edited)

Big news this morning.  We have been upgraded from our Outside F132 to Balcony A203.  Never having sailed Aurora I've no idea if this is good or bad. It looks like it's just on the edge of being under something called the Crystal Bar and the Lido Grill. 

Most of our family group are on Lido deck so we will be nearer them which is good. However there's not much I can do about the move if it's really bad, and it appears to be fairly substantial upgrade so  I'm interested if anyone has any views on being in this cabin or area of the ship.

Thank you.

Edited by Megabear2

Personally I would be very happy with that cabin - what a splendid upgrade! I wouldn’t be concerned by what is above your cabin (Riviera pool) unless there is a deck party there (not many of them and it would usually finish by 2330) and no issues below.

• Thanks 1

We've just been on Aurora for the first time on a cruise to Norway, Iceland & Ireland (July7th -21st) & we didn't see any evidence of late night revelry, so I don't think you should have too much to worry about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Big news this morning.  We have been upgraded from our Outside F132 to Balcony A203.  Never having sailed Aurora I've no idea if this is good or bad. It looks like it's just on the edge of being under something called the Crystal Bar and the Lido Grill. 

Most of our family group are on Lido deck so we will be nearer them which is good. However there's not much I can do about the move if it's really bad, and it appears to be fairly substantial upgrade so  I'm interested if anyone has any views on being in this cabin or area of the ship.

Thank you.

That area is basically a walkway, with tables and chairs towards the side of the ship.  Those tables are along the whole of both sides of that pool deck.   The Lido Grill is a take away pizza and burger bar, (towards the middle of the ship there), which closes late afternoon.  Obviously some people sit at those tables to eat the food, but by no means all as it is a take away.  The Crystal bar is the pool bar there, which is the covered pool area if the retractable roof is closed, which is most of the time, even at sea in the Caribbean, in our experience.  The doors to that covered area are further up, after the toilets, with the other side, above your cabin being completely open, but under a solid ceiling, so not a sun bathing area.  Not an area generally frequented at night, unless someone was walking across an open deck at the front, towards the front lifts.  The Midship lift area opens onto to that covered pool area, so anyone walking to the self service from them would not pass above your cabin.

We have also put in an upgrade bid for Arcadia and are begining to wonder just how noisy a cabin would be under the open pool deck, if we were to be allocated one there.  So I would be interested if anyone has experience of that.  For instance, do you hear footsteps above, if people are wearing heavy shoes, or ones with heels?

I do not know why this last part has gone red, but I do not have time to re write it!

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, tring said:

That area is basically a walkway, with tables and chairs towards the side of the ship.  Those tables are along the whole of both sides of that pool deck.   The Lido Grill is a take away pizza and burger bar, (towards the middle of the ship there), which closes late afternoon.  Obviously some people sit at those tables to eat the food, but by no means all as it is a take away.  The Crystal bar is the pool bar there, which is the covered pool area if the retractable roof is closed, which is most of the time, even at sea in the Caribbean, in our experience.  The doors to that covered area are further up, after the toilets, with the other side, above your cabin being completely open, but under a solid ceiling, so not a sun bathing area.  Not an area generally frequented at night, unless someone was walking across an open deck at the front, towards the front lifts.  The Midship lift area opens onto to that covered pool area, so anyone walking to the self service from them would not pass above your cabin.

We have also put in an upgrade bid for Arcadia and are begining to wonder just how noisy a cabin would be under the open pool deck, if we were to be allocated one there.  So I would be interested if anyone has experience of that.  For instance, do you hear footsteps above, if people are wearing heavy shoes, or ones with heels?

I do not know why this last part has gone red, but I do not have time to re write it!

Thank you for the very detailed information which is much appreciated. This was a bit of a surprise as in the end we did not do get the upgrade on a bid, rather it just appeared - I called yesterday for clarification and was assured no money was required.  Funnily enough two of my brothers did bid for an inside to outside but their upgrades bids have not been accepted either to date.  Currently the only remaining cabins are balconies so I assume they wanted my outside for a purpose, but what I do not know.

However it came about we are very pleased as when I booked P&O gifted us a champagne breakfast for our wedding anniversary as part of some promotion so now we hope to have it on our balcony.

• Like 1

You have got a really good cabin. My favourite on Aurora is A197, I've booked it 4 times, and you are 3 doors down. It's  handy for everything, quite near lifts, and apart from occasional furniture scraping but not too early or late, it's quiet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1