Boston Parking 93 Fargo St

Parked at the 93 Fargo St lot on July 14 and it was pretty seamless. I had Googled parking near Boston cruise port and the link for Flynn Cruiseport  Boston came up:

https://www.massport.com/flynn-cruiseport/to-from-flynn-cruiseport/parking-directions

It gave directions and a tab for “Parking Reservations”. Upon clicking that, you had a list of ships and dates to select from. Our cost was $220.50 for the week ($210.00 plus a $10.50 Service Fee). A confirmation will be emailed to you with your license plate as well as an order number. I believe you have to have a reservation prior to arriving because when you drive up to the gate, your license plate gets scanned and then the gate opens. An attendant will give you a card to place on your dashboard and direct you to an area to park. There was plenty of room when we arrived at 10:30.

We drove up from Rhode Island and dropped off the family and the luggage at the terminal. Then drove over to the lot at 93 Fargo St. The street where the terminal is located is one way so I would suggest using a navigational app (Waze got us right there with “Boston Cruise Port”) and then I entered “93 Fargo St” and it’s a 3-4 minute drive to the lot. After parking the car, I walked back to the terminal and that was about 10 minutes. Shuttles are available but there was a line waiting and we didn’t have luggage so we decided to walk.

On debarkation, we elected to walk off with our luggage, left the family at the terminal with the luggage and once again, a 10 minute walk to get the car. Plugged “Boston Cruise Port” into Waze and 10 minutes later, had everyone in the car and we were home at 9:45AM. Couldn’t have worked out any better.

One suggestion I would offer is to get a sun shade for the windshield as it’s an open lot. Just put the card they give you between the sun shade and the windshield.

Valuable information. We had cruised out of Boston, possibly 8 or 9 years ago. Am I to understand that there is no longer parking right at the terminal? My recollection is that we parked rather close to the ship on our prior cruise from there. As well, if 93 Fargo Street is where we have to go, obviously our driving a truck, the height will not be an issue. 

Did you feel your vehicle was safe there?

17 hours ago, ringdingman said:

Parked at the 93 Fargo St lot on July 14 and it was pretty seamless. I had Googled parking near Boston cruise port and the link for Flynn Cruiseport  Boston came up:

https://www.massport.com/flynn-cruiseport/to-from-flynn-cruiseport/parking-directions

It gave directions and a tab for “Parking Reservations”. Upon clicking that, you had a list of ships and dates to select from. Our cost was $220.50 for the week ($210.00 plus a $10.50 Service Fee). A confirmation will be emailed to you with your license plate as well as an order number. I believe you have to have a reservation prior to arriving because when you drive up to the gate, your license plate gets scanned and then the gate opens. An attendant will give you a card to place on your dashboard and direct you to an area to park. There was plenty of room when we arrived at 10:30.

We drove up from Rhode Island and dropped off the family and the luggage at the terminal. Then drove over to the lot at 93 Fargo St. The street where the terminal is located is one way so I would suggest using a navigational app (Waze got us right there with “Boston Cruise Port”) and then I entered “93 Fargo St” and it’s a 3-4 minute drive to the lot. After parking the car, I walked back to the terminal and that was about 10 minutes. Shuttles are available but there was a line waiting and we didn’t have luggage so we decided to walk.

On debarkation, we elected to walk off with our luggage, left the family at the terminal with the luggage and once again, a 10 minute walk to get the car. Plugged “Boston Cruise Port” into Waze and 10 minutes later, had everyone in the car and we were home at 9:45AM. Couldn’t have worked out any better.

One suggestion I would offer is to get a sun shade for the windshield as it’s an open lot. Just put the card they give you between the sun shade and the windshield.

We parked there last week as well. No issues. Interesting how you say your license plate was scanned, I guess I missed that. When we arrived the gate was already open and an attendant was standing there directing traffic. Note also there are actually two halves to the 93 Fargo lot, and the attendants want cruise ship passengers to park in the second lot by driving through the hole in the fence into the second lot. They told us it's because the shuttle buses load and unload in the second lot and not the first, but we had parked in the first area anyway. When we arrived the shuttle had stopped right in front of our car to load a lady who needed special assistance.

We did a very early self walkoff from the Emerald Princess and were outside the terminal around 8AM. There were already a few of the shuttle buses there loading passengers and we boarded immediately, no waiting at all. We had planned to walk to and from the Fargo lot but the shuttle system did work extremely well

10 hours ago, winterbliss said:

Valuable information. We had cruised out of Boston, possibly 8 or 9 years ago. Am I to understand that there is no longer parking right at the terminal? My recollection is that we parked rather close to the ship on our prior cruise from there. As well, if 93 Fargo Street is where we have to go, obviously our driving a truck, the height will not be an issue. 

Did you feel your vehicle was safe there?

There is another lot, the "C1 Lot" right next to the terminal, but it seems it's only open to NCL passengers who sail on Fridays, as it's only open that day.