Will we have trouble getting to the port???

can'twaittogoagain

We just booked the Norwegian Sun for Oct. 15th. Does anyone know about how much time we should allow to get to the port from the airport (MSY)? Are there any shuttles available? What is the status on cabs these days??? How about the return trip from the port back to the airport? Before Katrina I could have guestimated from the boards, but now, I'm not so sure... We hadn't planned to arrive the night before, but now I have second thoughts about that, too. Any thoughts on this? Thanks....

This should help...

http://www.airportshuttleneworleans.com/

Cabs are still available but there are not as many as pre-K. It will take 30 minutes to an hour from the airport to the terminal depending on time of day etc. I do recommend staying the night before your cruise though. Come enjoy the City. The Holiday Inn French Quarter has given us some good rates lately. (Less than $100 per night)

We took Airport Shuttle (pre-K) both ways last year - very good service. We came in the night before, and I'm very glad that we did. Actually, we planned 2 nights in NOLA pre-cruise, but we ran into flight problems and ended up spending one night in Chicago. While we had less time in NOLA than we planned, we had a great time - I only wish we had time to do everything we had planned.

Archived