Public Bus Payment?

LB_NJ

It has been a while since we were in Bermuda.

The Bermuda Government web site says no dollars.

How can you pay for the bus?

17 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

It has been a while since we were in Bermuda.

The Bermuda Government web site says no dollars.

How can you pay for the bus?

Exact change. Or buy tokens or a transportattion pass at the visitor information center. They mean no paper bills.There is a digital fare system now for about a month but I have read it having problems.

• 1 month later...

We bought the 3 day passes, thinking we were going to use bus and ferry more than we actually did. We took the bus into Hamilton the first day and ferry back, didn't really see a need to go back to Hamilton over the 3 days we were there. Took the ferry to St George the second day. Didn't leave the dockyard the third day. I tried to give the passes to people who had just docked on another ship on our third day since we were leaving at 3pm but people just kind of looked at me like I was trying to scam them or something. 

9 hours ago, DanJ said:

We bought the 3 day passes, thinking we were going to use bus and ferry more than we actually did. We took the bus into Hamilton the first day and ferry back, didn't really see a need to go back to Hamilton over the 3 days we were there. Took the ferry to St George the second day. Didn't leave the dockyard the third day. I tried to give the passes to people who had just docked on another ship on our third day since we were leaving at 3pm but people just kind of looked at me like I was trying to scam them or something. 

Over 20 years ago on my first Bermuda cruise I bought the 3 day pass. Our itinerary was Hamilton, St George and Dockyard. Did the math after a 2 day pass and 2 tokens for the last day would have been sufficient for that cruise. So the next time I bought a 2 day pass. They sell 2 day and 1 day passes. Then I stopped buying the passes and only bought tokens on Hamilton and St. George itineraries We started taking taxis more and bought tokens for the day we went to Horseshoe Bay from Hamilton. That was with Hamilton and St. George itineraries. For Dockyard itineraries I never buy a pass. We buy tokens for taking the ferry to either St. George or Hamilton. Use taxis from there and back to in between places to the ferry stops. For Horseshoe we take the $7 minibus or a taxi because with either don’t have to walk up and down the hill. For most people who do want to take buses and ferries all over I think a 2 day pass makes more sense than the 3 day. 

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Over 20 years ago on my first Bermuda cruise I bought the 3 day pass. Our itinerary was Hamilton, St George and Dockyard. Did the math after a 2 day pass and 2 tokens for the last day would have been sufficient for that cruise. So the next time I bought a 2 day pass. They sell 2 day and 1 day passes. Then I stopped buying the passes and only bought tokens on Hamilton and St. George itineraries We started taking taxis more and bought tokens for the day we went to Horseshoe Bay from Hamilton. That was with Hamilton and St. George itineraries. For Dockyard itineraries I never buy a pass. We buy tokens for taking the ferry to either St. George or Hamilton. Use taxis from there and back to in between places to the ferry stops. For Horseshoe we take the $7 minibus or a taxi because with either don’t have to walk up and down the hill. For most people who do want to take buses and ferries all over I think a 2 day pass makes more sense than the 3 day. 

Yeah, we were still in our New York state of mind transit wise when we walked into the transit centre at dockyard. I honestly figured we would go back and forth to Hamilton a few times via bus or ferry and we knew we were going to St George at some point as well. But like I said, we went to Hamilton on the first day, which also was a holiday. Walked around, looked in some windows, walked through a hidden away park. Thought it was a cute town and didn't really see a reason to go back. Fun bus ride in though lol. 

• Like 1