AIDA - anyone sailing with them or recently sailed.

linknis

I found one that fits my interests perfectly on AIDA-Prima.   

The language on the ship is German,  and though it may be a challenge, I welcome it somewhat happily.   The buffet meals are not a problem as we prefer flexible eating times.   What I'm wondering about is the value of the drink package.  

We are not big drinkers,  mainly beer,  non-alcoholic beer and diet Coke or Coke Zero and water. 

Does anyone have a price list of the drinks in the bars and entertainment venues?  

My family just did the Adriatic cruise on AIDAblu.  My wife and I speak German, but my in-laws don't, so we had to translate a few things for them.  They did fine getting around as the staff and crew speak English (and most of the wait staff are actually South Asian or East Asian).  The Bordportal lets you switch the language to English, but that's mostly for the menu options, since the content (port descriptions etc) is only in German, so some knowledge of German will help.

We didn't get the drinks package; unless you drink a lot of cocktails, it's probably not worth it, since the buffet restaurants have free soda, beer, table wine and coffee.  (You have to pay for things like cappuccino and specialty beers, so I guess you might find yourself paying for non-alcoholic beer.)  You do have to pay for drinks, including softdrinks, at the "specialty restaurants" like the Brauhaus and Burger Bar (where the food is included).  The brewed-on-board beers in the Brauhaus are not included in the drinks package anyway.  Cocktails at the pool bar seemed expensive (I think 8-12 euro, and even mocktails were like 7 or so).  They have free cakes in the afternoon at the bars, but you have to pay for drinks; IIRC cappuccino was 3.90 and coffee 2 or so.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...