Embassy Suites - FLL 17th Street - Refurbished Rooms List

sprite

Fellow critics - I know there are many of us that love/hate the Embassy Suites on 17th Street.  I understand they are going through a refurbishment on all of the rooms. When I called the hotel, I could not get any specific information on which floors/rooms are currently being worked or which ones were complete.

Would it be helpful to start a list from those who have recently stayed on which rooms have been refurbished?  

I was hoping to pick my room with the Honors app and would like to know if the 12th floor, port side, rooms have been done but would really like to hear how the hotel is doing with the refurbishment overall.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

We stayed there in mid May 2024 on the 10th floor, both the 11th and 12th floors were closed off at the time. Front desk told us they were working on the 12th floor at the time and the 11th was closed as a noise buffer, and would be working their way down as the floors were completed. I'm guessing if they are letting you book a room on the 12th floor the rooms must be renovated (not sure the details or extent of the renovation).   

We're staying there again in September, and my plan was to pick a room on the highest floor available at the time.

• Like 1

We were in room number 1124. The room was refurbished but the tiles in the bathroom needed re grouting. The balcony doors would open but need to be replaced to say we had a totally refurbished room…heavy doors, needed to give a good push to open and close. Staff were excellent, no problems getting an elevator when we left to meet our taxi to the port at 10am. Breakfast room had plenty of seating available, but we go the breakfast early. Social hour was busier on Friday evening than Thursday, probably due to the many cruisers who were staying there. Was easy to arrange a taxi to the port through reception as concierge hadn’t started when we asked to book one. Punctual, clean and polite driver. ($20 plus tip).

• Like 1