Pre/Post Cruise for BIE Cruise

LostInQuilts

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, LostInQuilts said:

I think, instead of doing the Viking pre-cruise extension stuff in Oslo, we're going to fly in a couple of days early and explore Bergen. I've been looking around at what there is to do in Bergen & I didn't realize there were so many options. I don't think we'll lack things to do before the cruise & it should be less expensive than the extension option through Viking.

I wouldn't necessarily do the Viking Oslo pre extension, and Bergen is very nice (rains a lot), but I would choose Oslo over Bergen.  It's very easy to get around.  Having spent a few days in Bergen and a few days in Oslo, Oslo seems more vibrant.  Better food, better hotels and we very much enjoyed walking around Oslo.😊🎂

Edited by millybess
  • Like 1

London is amazing. The museums are all free, & air conditioned, so a welcome respite in the summer.  The V&A is a great all day adventure for us.  The National Portrait Gallery has all the paintings of the famous people you know from textbooks, plus more.   The Churchill War Rooms & the Imperial War Museum are great for WW2 enthusiasts.  London Walks is a great group - we’ve always enjoyed their walkabouts.  The Orangery at Kensington Palace is a frou frou place to have lunch/tea after a tour.

a nice day trip would be a train to Bath to see the architecture and the Roman ruins.  Another would be Hampton Court Palace, for the Tudor historians.  And of course, for the Harry Potter fans, Kings Cross station & the day tour out to the studio.  A day trip to Oxford is also doable, to see the colleges, the architecture, & the Bodleian Library, 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, LostInQuilts said:

I think, instead of doing the Viking pre-cruise extension stuff in Oslo, we're going to fly in a couple of days early and explore Bergen. I've been looking around at what there is to do in Bergen & I didn't realize there were so many options. I don't think we'll lack things to do before the cruise & it should be less expensive than the extension option through Viking.

That's a good plan for getting over the jetlag and easing yourself into vacation mode.

Edited by Peregrina651